The Lady (88GT build up)

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

very nice work man and great creativity with getting them 6x9s to fit. Keep up the good work.
Fiero1Fan

Post by Fiero1Fan »

I was surprised at how easily it worked. After moving the motors up I could fit some really nice 8" speakers in there. I have the 6x9's and will stick with them. The next car (88 Formula) will get the 8's. :thumbup:
Fiero1Fan

Post by Fiero1Fan »

Well I finally got some more stuff done today.
First off I got the bump stop issue finished. I had problems getting the bracket like Rickady88GT made to clear the middle door brace and still catch on the upper door brace. So here is what I did. I used a 6.5 x 30mm bolt with washers and self locking nuts in place of the bracket.

I then cut off the rest of the bolt until it would pass by the middle door brace.

I then cut a small tab into the upper brace and bent it back towards the window.
The nuts now hit the tab and act as the front window bump stop.

Next I'll pickup some heat shrinkable tubing to cover the nuts so I don't have a metal hitting metal sound when I roll up the window.

Then I installed the pw motors back in the doors.
Here is what they look like after the control arm has been repossitioned upward.

As I said above, there is enough room now in the doors to fit a very nice set of 8" speakers!!