redneck motorsports!

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Weponhead

redneck motorsports!

Post by Weponhead »

i thought i'd country it up a bit in here, who wants to go down to the truck pull?!

a lady won the hot rod semi class in a fairly tame looking rig.

as compared to some of the cabover v12's with seperate generators on the back to power all accessories. though the v12 cabover had enough torque to literally twist its frame... just didnt have the balls to make the full pull .
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

What kinda V12 is it?
Did the first semi have an I6?

My dad and I have a hot-rodded wood chipper. Last year the original engine, a 5 HP Tecumseh, seized. After deciding that overhauling wasn't worth it, we ordered an 8 HP with the same bolt patterns. All we had to do was make a little spacer to go between the bottom and side plates of the wood chipper. Easiest engine swap I've ever done.

With 60% more power to avoid bogs, stalls and jams, the work you can do with it in an afternoon now would have taken a week with the old engine.
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

im not sure what kind of v12 it is but alot of those trucks run cummins 600 inline 6's , most of the cabovers anyhow. most diesel rigs like that have inline 6's.. ever see the pistons out of one of those fuckers?? they are very heavy lol