Am I the only person who wants to beat this asshole down?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Am I the only person who wants to beat this asshole down?

Post by Mach10 »

Tragic accident, little kid loses both legs below the knees in a waterpark accident:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story ... follo.html

From the manager's mouth:
Denis Arcand, the manager of the water park, said in an interview he checked Sunday evening and the cap was in place.

"That cap retains all the leaves and pieces of glass that would fall in the pool so they don't go in the pump," Arcand said.
So apparantly peices of glass (!??!111!) and leaves don't get in, but 8yo kids can...
"It's operating like that for 20 years. So an accident happened. Is it safe? They will tell us. As far as I know, we did what we have to do for that safety."
A little kid just lost both legs. I wish I had the fortitude to be so fucking blase.

"Is it safe?" Well fuck me sideways. A kid managed to lose both legs after being sucked into a 7 meter intake and having his feet chewed off by a turbine... I'd say it's pretty fucking safe, wouldn't you?

What a fucking asshole. We should get about 10,000 people to call his house and tell him what an asshole he is.

Asshole.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

That is fucking ridiculous. Fucking world.

Off topic, but that’s a CBC link, are you Canadian?
He called the shit poop
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Yep.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

It's a fucking cesspit and I hate it. I wanna move out east! :thumbleft:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
whipped

Post by whipped »

I'm surprised he didn't drown
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

He did... He was stone-dead when the backflush pumped him back out into the pool. Paramedics were able to jump-start him though.

He's VERY lucky to be alive.
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

Man, that scares the shit outta me. The ONE irrational fear I have is a fear of underwater intakes/machinery/cables/etc, in that order. At the local city boat launchramp, I dove off the end of the dock and was swimming around this building at the end of it - till I saw a sign that said "No swimming - underwater intake". After almost dropping a load in my pants, I came UP OUT of that water and flew back to the docks. Scary. I was reluctant to jump off of my own boat and swim under to clear the jet drive intake once, as well for the same reason.

I couldn't comprehend the horror of what the poor motherfucker went through.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Hopefully having his heart stopped for several minutes has erased all memory of it...

A PLASTIC grille? I wonder how much water a 20cm pipe will flow, and whether a plastic grille would withstand someone slamming up against it from the current?

7 meters into a pipe... Unreal. I hope the kid doesn't remember a single damn second of it :(
whipped

Post by whipped »

That reminds me of a story that came out a couple years ago about backyard pools... The grill over the intake for the pump was typically cheap plastic and would break... I guess several kids were playing around on the bottom of the pool, and ended up sitting on the grill. The pump ended up sucking most of their lower intestines out....

Talk about a shitty experience.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

I don't buy that story.

For one thing, most of those pumps are impellor-type "pusher" pumps. They don't suction all that well since the impellor starts cavitating as soon as the inlet pressure starts to drop... NOTHING like the turbine pumps designed to move retarded amounts of water straight 100-200ft straight up.

Second of all, how are you going to get a seal around the inlet with your asshole? Especially since an ass is not flat.

Third, I don't know how much vacuum you need to cause a colonic prolapse, but I'm pretty sure that this goes above and beyond the "you just shat the pool" pressure. And I'm sure that it's far above the vacuum needed to rupture small blood-vessels. I've put my hand over these vents and have yet to get a swimming pool hickey.
whipped

Post by whipped »

This is all I could find on it:

http://www.hotelfun4kids.com/travelnews ... /pools.htm

A 4-year old Pennsylvania boy suffered permanent injury when he lost 75-80% of his small intestine and his appendix while sitting on a drain hole at a private community wading pool. The grate (cover) to the drain hole had been broken and removed from the pool the day before the accident
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

http://www.monkeytime.org/lakey.html

Wow... it's amazing how often that has happened.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

I'm still skeptical. I'm finding lots of references to the same cases... But all of them on 3rd party sites; no news sites, no government sites (although they all reference Safety Council bulletins).

Seems they are talking about the large permanent wading pools, rather than home-units. I would probably be more inclined to believe this, having seen the pumps used on these kinds of pools (turbine type).

Still, the injuries are inconsistant; You coudn't lose your small intestine without first having the large intestine everted and torn out. Lost appendix? WTF... That's the furthest part of the large intestine down the line.

:scratch:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

The small intestine is much longer than the large intestine. if both are unfolded and pulled out the anus concentrically, then the small intestine is going to come out further than the large intestine. If whatever is chewing the things off is close enough to get to the large intestine (now the appendix is at the farthest part of the LI out of the person, BTW), then it's already taken a big chunk of the small intestine.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Material is too soft; Seems to me like the bowels would collapse and tear, rather than occlude the small intestine...

But then again, doing the looking, I found the pic of the weight-lifter that blew out his O-ring on a lift, and shat his entinre GI tract into his leotard...

:puke:

'Spose anything's possible. Just that the careful detail of the incident followed by NO credible sources just REEKS of Urban Legend.
whipped

Post by whipped »

Well I first saw/heard about it on something like Dateline.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

wow - thats he shittiest way to die i've ever heard

even worse way to live.. if something sucked my intestines out i'd want to die for sure!
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

They were pushed out by water pressure.

But yeah... shitty way to go.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:They were pushed out by water pressure.

But yeah... shitty way to go.
yeah thats what suction is - a lower pressure applied to something than the pressure around it.

you really want to remove the word suck and suction from the dictionary don't you?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

I'm not one of those "It's not vacuum, it's pressure!" nutjobs. I just think that "vacuum" refers to air pressure less than ambient. The bottom of a pool doesn't have any air AND it's at greater than ambient pressure. Therefore, disembowelments at the bottom of the pool happen because of water pressure.

After all, simple air pressure on the anus doesn't do much. Case in point: That drunk psycho with the vacuum cleaner up his butt that Shaun posted a while back.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

should also take into account that that was a wading pool - so just how much water vs air was pushing on the girl versus suction from the inlet

unlike the bottom of the deep end of the pool where you are subject to something like 30psi