Dyno/Speed Shops in Miami.

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

GmetalGT

Dyno/Speed Shops in Miami.

Post by GmetalGT »

Anyone know of one. I would like to get my car professionaly tuned. It would have to be one that will work on domestic V8 cars with a carb. If no one knows of any, what is the best way to go about finding one?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

www.dynojet.com

there are prob a ton in Miami.

Miami has so many speed shops its unreal. Not sure if any of the ones I know of can tune a carb though. Most are familiar with modern day EFI tuning. Best bet is to look on that website and see if any of those are familiar with carbs. They usually list phone numbers on that site of the places that have the dyno so you can just call and ask.

I am sure you could find a old skool hot rod shop that can tune the carb with the wideband. Just be sure to have extra jets laying aroudn though that you can swap out so you get the max out of it.
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

Found one. http://www.sfp.net/serv_dyno.asp

I contacted them and was going to do it this saturday but, they dont dyno tune on Saturdays and I want it done on the dyno. Gotta request a day off and rent a trailer. I'm gong to get this done asap as I want to drive this bitch.

They are the closest to me and do carb tuning as well. I told them what I have and they say about 2 hours at $150 per hour. So I am looking at about $300 + about $80 in trailer rental.

And yes, I will post dyno sheets for you to fuck with me about. :blah5:

Thanks for the link.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

80 for a trailor? Will the car not make it there on its own?

Or do you not trust it? Thts a totally different thing which is understandable.

$150 an hr is a lot of money man.

I would see if you can find soemthing around $100 an hour as thats usually the going rate. It would prob be worth it to drive an extra 20-30 minutes if you can save 100 bucks dont' you think?

Glad to see you are doing it right though. Cant' make fun of you for that no matter what you dyno. Ok well maybe a little bit :) but at least you are doing it the right way.
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

Yea I just dont trust it. I would rather spend the extra money and not have to wory about getting stuck and not making it to the dyno and wasting a day off. It cranks on the first tun, but it is obvious that it needs to be timed and tuned. It will feel good to know that when I pick it up and will be professionaly tuned and running optimal, with proof. I'm going to shoot for tuesday, a week from tomorrow. I'll be asking for the day off tomorrow. There should be no reason I cant have the day off.

I will check some other shops, sence $150 sounds high.