Aaron's 3.4 DOHC 88GT Build Thread

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

So you have a wideband for the fiero?

Cool now get one for the SS and then you don't have to worry about having the dyno shop that you are taking the car to have one. You said youw ouldnt' dyno it without a wideband. Well put in a wideband unit like from your fiero and there you go. No more excuses. Two weeks later and you still haven't gotten it dynoed but wait I bet it still has 330+ hp and can outhandle my fiero and all fieros except for yours, and has a better paintjob except for your car, and can handle better then my car but not yours, and on and on and on.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

What about the heads, Aaron? You said you'd get them back in like June..
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

yea Iw ant to see pics and flow detials on these heads.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I havn't gotten the heads yet as I don't need them yet. But they're getting dropped off over Thanksgiving, with the flowsheet. As I said before, I won't post pics of them.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Aaron wrote:I won't post pics of them.
BAN! BAN! BAN!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I'll post the flowchart, 325+ cfm baby!
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Aaron wrote:I'll post the flowchart, 325+ cfm baby!
I thought the DOHCs could flow that stock...hmmm... or am i remembering incorrectly...

Arrrrrrrrrrrr!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

No not even close, stock is around 260-270. The exhaust is where the problem is. Looking back, I should have used 96-97 heads, but oh well, such is life.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Aaron wrote:Well I will have the full chart in a week or two.

And I agree the whole chart is better, and that a redneck in his garage with a dremel can really fuck things up. But for a shop that professionally does 4 valve heads, and is known across the West Coast for this work, I think I can accurately guess that there will be flow gains across the board. .
So if you aren't going to post pics, then post up the sheet, or at minimum post the numbers. You are so full of shit. 5 months later and you still have nothing. My iron heads flow more then your dohc heads for all I know.. And no way you will be using cams with .5 lift on that motor so STFU.

RFT demands results and not just bullshit. If you are going to post bullshit your stay here is going to be real short. yea thats right.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Aaron wrote:I'll post the flowchart, 325+ cfm baby!
waiting for this
Last edited by Shaun41178(2) on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: So if you aren't going to post pics, then post up the sheet, or at minimum post the numbers. You are so full of shit. 5 months later and you still have nothing. My iron heads flow more then your dohc heads for all I know.. And no way you will be using cams with .5 lift on that motor so STFU.

RFT demands results and not just bullshit. If you are going to post bullshit your stay here is going to be real short. yea thats right.
I'll post the sheet when I get it, but as I just fucking said, I don't have it or the heads yet. Please let me know how you can reduce flow on heads, because it is physically impossible for your iron heads to flow what stock DOHC heads flow. So the only way is if my heads flow less, which is nearly impossible barring adding of material. And you're right, my cams won't have .5 lift. But my lifters...

What bullshit did I post? I talked to the guy, he told me 325+ cfm at a half inch. I have every reason to believe him, and will have the heads and chart over X-mas. Not like you'll see them anyways.
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

This kids threads (including this one) would be deleted from tech sections on other boards for being fraudulent.

This area is for real information; not BS and wannabees.

The idea is a tech library that people can depend on for info; not seving the daydreams of a future college dropout that has no idea what he's talking about.

It's making it more and more difficult to even bother to post anything in tech. Keep that in mind.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I try to be egalitarian about things and give people the benefit of the doubt, but I'm in agreeance to some extent.

I'm locking this thread temporarily. Aaron or anyone else with USEFUL information (like continued progress on the swap) to post can PM me and I'll unlock it.

This is as much to prevent Aaron abuse on the part of several members here as it is to prevent continued bench racing and braggartry on the part of Aaron.