Fiero Autocross ownage

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

But it screws up the way the air is *supposed* to flow through that grate...
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:But it screws up the way the air is *supposed* to flow through that grate...
i also think that without the airflow coming up out of the grate and filling the area behind the window that it would create additional drag at speed
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

Just wanted to add that I have my air filter on top of an 84 plate there and it probably works better than just leaving an open cone right under the grill. Also, my engine bay hasn't gotten any bit noticably warmer. I can't say anything as far as drag or what not, but I'm satisfied with my mpg and the fastest I've ever takin the car is 110 at the strip. Other than that I might have gotten up to 80 once or twice, so I don't really care much about drag. I guess its one of those things were you either don't mind it or you hate it.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I like it. I say keep it on there.
Dough19

Post by Dough19 »

Jinxmutt wrote:Yea, but i have the 88 rear bar, and a factory front bar. That would make the rear bar larger, whereas your bars equal. Thats not counting the length of the arms like you mentioned.

As I said earlier, it could be my driving, I could be coming into the turns too hot, but I find that with my car at my current (lack of?) skill level, just about halfway through the turn my car switches to on the edge of understeer, to slight oversteer. Before I had the pzero on the front, all the car did was understeer, so it could also be a tire balance I need to work with.
I am also using the stock 87 front bar with the stock 88 rear bar on the 88 rear suspension. I have the front koni's at about 3/4 full hard and the rea is at full hard. I also have 350lb rear coil over springs and 325lb front springs. I'm running 205/50/15 tires in the front and 225/50/15 in the rear. The staggered tires has helped the understeer a lot. There still is a little bit, but not much. Next season I think I might try a wider rear tire if I can find one. I will probably have to go to a 16" wheel.

SInce you have way more torque than I do, I would recomend you go as wide as possible on the rear, with a coresponding narrower tire up front. 275 in the rear and 255 up front might work nicely.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Dough19 wrote: SInce you have way more torque than I do, I would recomend you go as wide as possible on the rear, with a coresponding narrower tire up front. 275 in the rear and 255 up front might work nicely.
Need more seperation than that. 215 front with 275 rear will work well.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I would have said 225, but anything in that range would be fine. Shouldn't be putting 255's up front unless you have 315's rear...
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

I got the results from the races that sunday..
http://drbiggly.com/racing/results/auto ... 06_raw.htm

I finished 78th, 5 seconds slower than the fastest car there.