cars done!!!(copy and past from .nl)

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Mr. Pat

cars done!!!(copy and past from .nl)

Post by Mr. Pat »

got a call from my mate Russell this morning, the Fiero is finally repaired. New control arm, return line for the remote water pump is fixed, trans leak is fixed, and apparently my starter issue is resolved. So tommorow im going to check it out, drive it(its been over 2 yrs!!!!!!)and take delivery. Only problem is, it has the 15" stokers with 195 series tyres out back that are worn to hell and back. I have some 255's for my 18's, but the 225's on the front are no good. so i have to get 2 18" tyres for the front. Untill then I wont be driving it more than a block or two to show off.

Now all thats left is a chop, lambo doors, paint, interior, and a motor build!! Jesus does it ever end?......oh, the cam was never put in, so ill just have to use a bigger shot of spray ....Cars an 86 GT with an LT1, 4T60-E trans and a wet kit that was jetted at 50hp, ill just up it 125 or 150 :la:
86 GT, LT1/4T60-E...slower than a crippled dog.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

2 years for a control arm, starter, and waterpump?

Dude! I need the number of your mechanic for a rush-job! :salute:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

please don't do the lambo doors. They look so tacky. That is unless you want your car to look like every other civic out there at Nopi.
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

Well heres what happened. I bent the control arm and broke off the return line for the waterpump. It was a 2way nipple that snapped flush with the block. I dicked around, and eventually left for the airforce. I got out about 3 months ago, the mechanic has had it since april or so I think. And he was told to take his time because I was in no rush. e2's dont make much in the military, what with the 18 month old baby and all I couldnt go around blowing money on a toy when I had other prioities. Im now making significantly more money so I can start planning the future of the car.

Im still up in the air about the doors. Can you do it so it goes either way? up or out?
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

:thumbleft:

It's all good... Just messin' with you! :)
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

Hey Pat, glad to hear you got the car back. Might I ask how the starter issue you were having was finally resolved?

-ryan
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED
Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions | www.gmtuners.com
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:please don't do the lambo doors. They look so tacky. That is unless you want your car to look like every other civic out there at Nopi.
Invest in some spinners instead. At least then, you can pull them off when everybody realizes how lame they are.
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

Sinister Fiero wrote:Hey Pat, glad to hear you got the car back. Might I ask how the starter issue you were having was finally resolved?

-ryan
From what I understand he replaced the solenoid with a stronger one? I havnt spoken to him yet, never made it out there yetserday.
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

stimpy wrote:
Shaun41178(2) wrote:please don't do the lambo doors. They look so tacky. That is unless you want your car to look like every other civic out there at Nopi.
Invest in some spinners instead. At least then, you can pull them off when everybody realizes how lame they are.
Last I checked it was my car? I may be wrong, if its yours LMK. But im pretty sure I built this car for me. Arnt I already lame for using a V8 with an auto?
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

:laughing:

Depends... how much power do you think the v8 has? :thumbleft:

Scissor doors are oogly... but it's your damn heap, right?
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

Mach10 wrote::laughing:

Depends... how much power do you think the v8 has? :thumbleft:

Scissor doors are oogly... but it's your damn heap, right?
around 300+ the giggle juice. somewhere in the mid 4's
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Well if you want your Fiero to look like tacky every other non lambo out there with lambo doors, then be my guest. But then don't complain when people laugh and dont' give the Fiero any credit.

I saw an RSX the otehr day with the lambo style doors. Look gay as hell. I laughed when I saw the dude getting out of it.

If you want a lambo, then buy a lambo. Putting lambo doors on, does not make it a lambo.
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Well if you want your Fiero to look like tacky every other non lambo out there with lambo doors, then be my guest. But then don't complain when people laugh and dont' give the Fiero any credit.

I saw an RSX the otehr day with the lambo style doors. Look gay as hell. I laughed when I saw the dude getting out of it.

If you want a lambo, then buy a lambo. Putting lambo doors on, does not make it a lambo.
And what did you do when he laughed at you for having a stock notchback? These cars get made fun of. It comes with owning one. But trust me, my Fiero gets plenty of credit. Ricers through old school hotrodders love it. Im sorry im 22 and part of the ricer generation. Fuck it, ill just sell the Fiero and mod a civic. Or I could do a rebody(ultimate rice btw)
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Noone has laughed at me for NOT having lambo doors.

Also noone has laughed at me for having a stock looking notchback either.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Mr. Pat wrote: Or I could do a rebody(ultimate rice btw)
Well by putting the lambo style doors on you are well on your way.
teamlseep13

Post by teamlseep13 »

Only car I would want lamborghini doors on is a lamborghini because they are just outrageous, thats why they have them.
If you have a Fiero with a 500hp v12 in it and a 6 speed, hell go for it, cause that is just outrageous.

I try not to laugh at peoples cars...its sooo mean!;)
1988 Pontiac Fiero

Ecotec swap taking much too long...
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Do a stock wheelbase countache rebody to complete the look you get from the doors.

Not bashing, spend your money howver you'd like... just my opinion.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

teamlseep13 wrote:Only car I would want lamborghini doors on is a lamborghini because they are just outrageous, thats why they have them.
If you have a Fiero with a 500hp v12 in it and a 6 speed, hell go for it, cause that is just outrageous.

I heard a Gallardo Spyder get on it pulling away from a light the other day... glorious.
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Noone has laughed at me for NOT having lambo doors.

Also noone has laughed at me for having a stock looking notchback either.
Now we both know thats a lie.
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

teamlseep13 wrote:Only car I would want lamborghini doors on is a lamborghini because they are just outrageous, thats why they have them.

So a 500hp V12 would make it ok? But not a V8 making the same, if not more power? Im a little confused on that one.

I think ive changed my mind a little. along with the doors, I think ill do the fake ferarri nose and tailights and leave the horse on there. Some white neons, gut the front and make a custom fiberglass naaaawz and amp holder, surround that by neons, add some air ride, take off my cat and have a flame thrower kit installed and put in some "racing"seats. Whadda think?

It must really suck to be some of you guys.