Sloooooowwwww Turn Signals or Blinkers!

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

SGT.ROCK

Sloooooowwwww Turn Signals or Blinkers!

Post by SGT.ROCK »

Why are my turnsignals so slow? I got my alternator problem sorted out,I tightened the belt and the alternator and my volts gauge reads fine.Is there any way to speed them up a little? I leel like I need to give people behind me on the highway 5 minutes to make sure they see them flashing when I go to change lanes.Thanks :thumbleft:
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

both sides & hazards?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Are all your bulbs working? Burned out bulbs are what typically cause turn signals to slow down.
SGT.ROCK

Post by SGT.ROCK »

Yes,both and I thought when a bulb burned out in front or rear that the other would start flashing real fast? Anyway mine are all still lit.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

The bulbs are wired in parallel. When one burns out the resistance goes up and the flash slows down. When you add extra bulbs to the circuit (like when pulling a trailer) the resistance goes down and the flash speeds up.

If all your bulbs are working, check for corroded contacts in the connectors through which the turn signal wiring goes.

You might also try replacing the flasher. An electronic rather than electromechanical flasher would be best.