Upgraded my 86 to the 87-88 style headlights and...

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

SGT.ROCK

Upgraded my 86 to the 87-88 style headlights and...

Post by SGT.ROCK »

I just completed the switch.I replaced the wiring harnes and the motors.Everything lit up and the motors worked great but now my passenger side markerlight and the front turn signal light wont work.Although they do light up when I use my 4-way hazards.And when I turn my ignition to the on position the right turnsignal light is lit like the bulbs blowed.Any help would be great. :cussing:
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

did you wire in the headlamp motor control module as well?
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
AntiCooter

Post by AntiCooter »

I did the same upgrade to my '85 after spending many an hour rebuilding the old headlight motors, only to have them still not work.
I 'think' there are 3 ground wires and one of mine had the terminal broke off and it did some weird stuff until I got the grounds tight.
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

the 87-88 modue could be shitting the bed. Simple test, get a test light and check the marker when its supposed to be on but isnt, if it dosent complete the circuit, try a known good ground, that will verify if the module is sending voltage. Pretty simple. Glad to see you smartened up and got the new style.
SGT.ROCK

Post by SGT.ROCK »

I just figged it out.I bought some of those clear turn signals from the Fiero Store,and it was a pain in the arse to get the bulb in and then puttin the lamp back in.well I must have pulled to hard on the socket and pulled the ground wire loose that goes into the socket.It would work if I pulled it out but as soon as I pushed it in to set the screws it would go out.So I pulled it out then wrapped some electrical tape around the lamp really really really really tight so to hold it in place.So far it works.The clear lamps look really good to.And the motors work great.Thanks for your responces. :thumbleft:
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

lolz at old sockets1!