It's my birthday and other interesting tidbits

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

derangedsheep

It's my birthday and other interesting tidbits

Post by derangedsheep »

So I turned 19 today. That's fun I guess. Unfortunatly 19 isn't one of those cool birthdays like 16, 18, and 21.

I got a new car. A while ago actually but I hadn't gotten around to posting. I picked up an 04 VW GTI 1.8T. I like it. Here's a picture from a while ago.
It was peppy. Then I chipped it at work. Now it's a hell of a lot faster. I ran it on the dyno at work on Saturday and it did 179whp/206wtq.

Speaking of work. I got a sweet job this summer. I'm working at a VW/Audi performance shop in town. It's called AP Tuning. We're pretty well known in the VW and Audi community.

I'll shut up now. :blah5:

EDIT: I still have the Fiero, I haven't switched to the euro side.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Hate to be a shit, but 21 ain't so hot either.

18 really is the last "good" birfday, really. Every one proceeding it is just another inch taken off the wooden stick that is your life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :la:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
derangedsheep

Post by derangedsheep »

The only good part about turning 21 is that I don't have to find someone to buy me beer/liquor. It just makes getting loaded a bit easier. hah
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I turn 28 on Sunday. Yay me.
Tres Generaciones, here I come.
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

19 is cool if you're in/close to Canada, like when I was in school (Flint, MI). 21 is cool too. The getting booze part isn't such a big deal for me as going to bars/clubs/pubs/taverns/etc. without getting hassled or trying to go to the dive joints avoiding getting carded. Getting into 21 and up shows was worth that birthday, the easy access to booze part was a bonus.

25 was cool because I could finally get rental cars without any hassle or extra fees, plus my insurance went way, way down. After 25, I don't have much to look forward to in terms of birthdays anymore, now I just count down the days until I finish a car, pay off my house, quit working for the man, etc. ;)

Bryce
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

The older I get, the more shit I seem to forget... and I'm only 26... my memory is awful...

(no pot jokes, I honestly haven't smoked much in a VERY long time... and even at my peek, I only smoked for a year consistently.)
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

I turn 23 on Wednsday, yay.

Here in Alberta you can buy booze, smokes, get into bars and all that stuff at the age of 18. You can get your learners at 14, and a proper license at 16.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

That's really good. The earlier people do those things, the better they get used to it and the less stupid shit they do. I wish legislators would learn that.
admin
Admin is not Howard

Post by admin »

Cool Happy Birfday mang

Put an intake and exh on that car and give it some more ponies.

Admin
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

oh shit my eyes!!

:cussing:

coming up on 27 in about 6 weeks