Racing pics

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

befarrer

Racing pics

Post by befarrer »

Last autocross was a few weeks ago, but someone just posted pics, there are a few good ones of me and the other Fiero that was there (4.9L 4-speed standard). My back tires were horrible, as you can see in my 1st pic, look how much they are rolling over, which ended up with me going sideways and drifting lots, which I am doing in the 2nd pic of me. I like the pics of the red civic in the last page, that thing is as flat as a plank around the corners!!

If you click original where it says other sizes below the pic, you get a very large pic.

http://www.pbase.com/locotoy/asa_event7 ... mao&page=1

Oh, and incase any of you were wondering, the 4.9L Fiero was faster than me, but by only 3 seconds, he got 85 seconds, where I got 88 seconds. Suspension upgrades are on the adjenda for this winter :thumbleft: . Also, this course was on the Namao air field, we were driving on a runway!
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Ben, I saved those springs you wanted, I saved front and back because I did not remember which you needed. Everything else went to the dump. I also saved a set of rear rotors, and you can have my old brake calipers. They are in good shape.

I need to get to an auto x, next time you go send me a message, would be a good time.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

I will be going this saturday, September 15, Givi will be there too.

You have to pre-register here:

http://www.mrheavyfoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1180
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Ok Ben, I signed up. We should meet up and head into the city together. I can come to Westlock. What time should I meet you? Tech starts at 8:30.
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

plank:

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Funny thing is, I think we are both in D mod, probably the toughest class there is...

Mine is in there because its a JDM car....
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

The only thing that makes my Fiero Dmod is the engnie, which is still internally stock, and even smaller in displacement than any stock engine, the rest of the car is original, and places me into stock.

I will be spending friday night in Edmonton, got a birthday party on friday night. I usually leave Westlock around 8AM, and I get there around 9-9:15AM, do you know how to get there?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Namao is on my way from Whitecourt to Redwater.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

The race this saturday is not at Namao, it is in Edmonton, on the north side, the race at Namao is on September 30.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

befarrer wrote:The only thing that makes my Fiero Dmod is the engnie, which is still internally stock, and even smaller in displacement than any stock engine, the rest of the car is original, and places me into stock.

I will be spending friday night in Edmonton, got a birthday party on friday night. I usually leave Westlock around 8AM, and I get there around 9-9:15AM, do you know how to get there?
You should be able to go into SM2 (Street Modified 2 seater) since you have a GM engine in a GM car and your suspension meets the SP rules (unless you Canucks have a different AutoX rulebook...)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

These are the classing pages
http://www.mrheavyfoot.com/files/CarCla ... ksheet.pdf

http://www.wcma.ca/2006%20Solo/WCMA-Solo-Rules.pdf

My car is an automatic D Mod because it is an import, over 2L and forced induction....
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

befarrer wrote:The race this saturday is not at Namao, it is in Edmonton, on the north side, the race at Namao is on September 30.
Ahhh, gotcha. They had the location linked to Mapquest so I should be able to find it.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=14420+112+ ... =addr&om=1
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Yup that is the place. Are you coming all the way from your house that morning? Tech closes at 9:45AM, so you have to be there before then.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I will be leaving at about 6:30am and get there just past 8. Bit of a drive from Whitecourt. PM sent.