Fuel Injector wires questions - Video

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Chris-Nelson

Fuel Injector wires questions - Video

Post by Chris-Nelson »

Made another video for this next question about my fuel injector wire harness. I had to remove it all to install the new intake manifold, and now that it is all back together I want to make sure that I have it all installed correctly.

Here's the video:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/12f8 ... 141485.htm
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

with how old that harness is, it should be easy to identify which connector goes to which fuel injectors. Meaning, the harness is so old, the connectors when laying the harness out, should sit itself in the proper orientation of how the injectors go on.

However I don't think it matters all too much if you get them backwards because its a batch fire system.

Just try and get the injector clips for the odds and evens on the same side if nothing else.

Did you use teflon paste when installing those pipe plugs in the runners or some other type of sealent?
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: However I don't think it matters all too much if you get them backwards because its a batch fire system.
I agree. Does the 2.8 actually fire all 6 at the same time anyways? I know the 3.4 fires all 6 at the same time. If so, then it won't matter at all which goes to which, just make sure they fit easy.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Chris-Nelson

Post by Chris-Nelson »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Did you use teflon paste when installing those pipe plugs in the runners or some other type of sealent?
Thanks for the info, and thanks for the note about the pipe fitting plugs. yes I did use sealant paste on them.
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

Aaron wrote: I agree. Does the 2.8 actually fire all 6 at the same time anyways? I know the 3.4 fires all 6 at the same time. If so, then it won't matter at all which goes to which, just make sure they fit easy.
I think it's three and three, odds and evens.
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

All the injectors with a given pair of wire colors fire at the same time.
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

The injectors on the 2.8 V6 are bank fired. As long as you have them on the right bank it doesn't matter which injector on that bank you hook them up to. There should be two separate wiring runs, one for each bank. 1-3-5 are on one bank and 2-4-6 are on the other.
I treat others as they treat me