Car Chemistry Inserts

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

eHoward
Banned

Car Chemistry Inserts

Post by eHoward »

Anyone ever use these:

http://www.carchemistry.com/ccflanged_inserts.html

I saw a demo back in 2002 in PRI, but forgot about them till recently.

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

that looks like a bigger restriction than they are letting on. I don't see how they can muffle that much either? :scratch:
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I hear you. I wouldnt recommend them for a racecar, but for $70, Im willing to give them a shot on a loud daily driver civic.

I will post up my experience when I get em in.

btw, found this on the intarweb:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000 ... ndex.shtml

crzyone wrote:that looks like a bigger restriction than they are letting on. I don't see how they can muffle that much either? :scratch:
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Got em in today:

in direction

exit side
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Comes with tunable caps for street use that you have to weld on. I guess you can use the one with the hole or drill the 2nd one to suit you.

I was so pumped to install these tonight....even with snow on the ground, but I forgot that I have the cheap 2 bolt flanges on my civic and not the standard 3 bolt ones that this product uses. DOH!

Guess I ll have to weld it in which defeats the purpose (for me) of using this style muffling device.

I have before video and sound but obviously no after.

Full size pics can be found here:
http://www.howard.saturnet.net/civic/ca ... rChem.html
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Howard, did you ever get these installed? I was just browsing through a Summit catalog during a trip to the bathroom and saw them. I wondered how well they work.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

No.

I sold the CRX and bought a Subaru. My flanges on the honda were two bolt and I didn't have time two weld in new three bolt ones. I just didn't have the time. I still am curious to hear them.

Series8217 wrote:Howard, did you ever get these installed? I was just browsing through a Summit catalog during a trip to the bathroom and saw them. I wondered how well they work.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

$60 shipped and they're yours. My subaru is going to get a boost actuated cutout.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

eHoward wrote:$60 shipped and they're yours. My subaru is going to get a boost actuated cutout.
oohh? a boost actuated exhaust cutout that opens over a certain psi?
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Kohburn wrote:
eHoward wrote:$60 shipped and they're yours. My subaru is going to get a boost actuated cutout.
Leaving the sad world of Fagland allows you to learn about teh new teknolgies instead of being stuck in the fiero doldrums where mid 13's is blistering fast.

On the topic of that cutout, I would think it would be made better then that. At least the design. I mean a hard 90 degree opening? Yea it will work but come on. It can be better then that.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I agree and will probably modify mine.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
Kohburn wrote:
Leaving the sad world of Fagland allows you to learn about teh new teknolgies instead of being stuck in the fiero doldrums where mid 13's is blistering fast.

On the topic of that cutout, I would think it would be made better then that. At least the design. I mean a hard 90 degree opening? Yea it will work but come on. It can be better then that.
I've never spent that muhc time on P F F but I haven't seen a boost controlled cutout till now - I know some subaru guys that have servo actuated ones