Pics of my car

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

CincinnatiFiero

Pics of my car

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I am new here so I figured I'd post some pics of my car

1988GT mostly stock... for now, shes the 35mpg(ish) driver, coomfy leather, nice stereo, 2.8L with some pep, I'll save the 3800SC 4T60-HD for the 88 Coupe I am buying soon.

Clear lexan turn signals with V-Led bulbs.
Kris munson covers over the top.
Red Brake Calipers
Pilot Driving Lights
H4 Conversion H6054 Projector housings with Luminic Pure Blues (not installed)
Ecklers C4 Corvette Mirror Deflectors (not installed)
Side Scoop

Bomz Racing Cold Air Intake (yeah I know no HP, but it sounds cool when you get on it)
Ported middle and upper plenums
Test Pipe
Autolite #23 Plugs (fiero secrets say added HP but I have a set of NGK UR5s, proven to add HP waiting to go in)
Plated off the egr
vented the pcv
took off the TB heater
Some red here and there

1984 Short Shifter
JVC KD-S680 Headunit
Dayton RS125 Dash Woofers with custom MDF block off plates and ATC baffle cups
Pioneer 4x6 speakers
Pilot Shift knob

Theres a ton of little here and there things I didn't mention, I've got a million more pics if people are interested. Future plans are getting that 88 nose down with some balljoints and a set of 17s or 18s.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Ahh, a solid roof wingless GT. The only way to go.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Looks good man. Keep up the good work.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

Love it, tasteful and not over done. I like the stock ones.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

White 88GTs are the car to have, they are sweet looking.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Looks good.
How are you getting 35mpg with a 2.8?
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Series8217 wrote:Looks good.
How are you getting 35mpg with a 2.8?
5 spd, I've been averaging 35-36 mpg on the highways with mine forever.

My engine / trans is from my 87 SE, I've actually picked up 2-3 mpg with it in the 88 chassis. Nothing was changed, just swapped the drivetrain over, exhaust system and all and added AC to it.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

US or Imperial gallons.... :thumbleft:

That's amazing mileage with a 2.8. Wonder if it's running really lean?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I got 33 on mine before. had around 85k or so miles on it.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Levi, for me, I work the calculations out for US gallons, metric system / Imperial measurement doesn't mean shit to me for fuel consumption.

I've at least six 4k+ kilometer trips through the US with the engine /transaxle in 2 different Fiero's, even using the pump volume readings while in the US, my mileage is consistant, I must be doing the math correct..........;p.

It's not a case of running lean, more a case of a low mileage engine in proper tune. I've always got the best mileage running at ~70 mph.
Last edited by jelly2m81 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I have a 140K engine that needs valve stem seals that gets 27-28 at 75-80 mph. My EGR is blocked, but so is yours...
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Tint and lower.

It looks really good now though.
CincinnatiFiero

I am going to order up a set of rodneys ball joints here soon to get that nose down. Thanks for the complements. I only have driven it a long distance on the highway once and it did 35mpg that time. No cat, no egr, vented pcv, ported intake manifold, and crx intake all helped the mpg. I usually only drive the car on the back twisties racing around going to the weekly cruise in so I don't get to test the mpg much. Since that 35mpg I did the middle manifold and took the upper manifold further and I put in a new fuel filter. Hopefully this spring I will drop the cradle port the headers (if my buddy doesn't sell me his WCF shorties), port the heads, port the lower intake manifold, and maybe do a flowmaster 80 series.

CincinnatiFiero

Sorry for the blurry pic, but I like it.

I've got these waiting to go in (nevermind the guest bedroom)

KFC parking lot 10pm w00t w00t
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:I am going to order up a set of rodneys ball joints here soon to get that nose down. Thanks for the complements. I only have driven it a long distance on the highway once and it did 35mpg that time. No cat, no egr, vented pcv, ported intake manifold, and crx intake all helped the mpg. I usually only drive the car on the back twisties racing around going to the weekly cruise in so I don't get to test the mpg much. Since that 35mpg I did the middle manifold and took the upper manifold further and I put in a new fuel filter. Hopefully this spring I will drop the cradle port the headers (if my buddy doesn't sell me his WCF shorties), port the heads, port the lower intake manifold, and maybe do a flowmaster 80 series.
Not that I want to turn this thread into a technical discussion, but here's my opinion.

It looks amazing. As the others said, drop it and tint it. I'd go 5% all the way around. And make sure they do the 1/4 windows. They will eventually develop small wrinkles, but mine lasted about a year before that.

Unfortunately, none of your mods significantly helped your MPG readings. The cat-delete would help, and maybe the PCV mod, but the intake work won't do anything to gas mileage, assuming you drive the same speeds, and accelerate at the same rate.

If I were you, this Spring, I'd say fuck the 2.8. It's time. The motor is worthless, gutless, fat, and ugly. At the very least, do a 3.4l OHV. Personally, since the cost won't be much more, I'd go for a 3400, but I can see why that wouldn't appeal to you. Still, the 3.4 OHV will give you more power than all of those mods, a newer motor, and will cost less than your long block work (Heads).

And if you are capable, fuck the iron head 60* all together. Even with headwork the aluminum head motors will still make much more power, and weigh less, and get better mileage. And with the cost of headwork these days, a nice 30,000 mile junkyard motor will be much cheaper. It's just require new fuel and coolant lines, exhaust, and a harness. Engine swaps, if shortcuts are taken in the right places, and be very economical and still give great results. They take time and some mechanical ability, but with such a horrible starting platform, you can gain in every aspect by leaps and bounds.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
CincinnatiFiero

I have been thinking about a newer 3500 or some other new 60* V6, but the goal is to get another fiero. A friend is selling me a 88 parts car or finding me another 88 coupe that I can strip all the wieght out of and put in a 3800SCII and 4T60-HD. That will be my go fast money pit car. If I have time and money I will put a new motor in this 88 but its not my first priority. I have 2 Fieros already, so why not get a third right? :)
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

jelly2m8 wrote:Nothing was changed, just swapped the drivetrain over, exhaust system and all and added AC to it.
Alignment settings can have quite an effect on gas mileage, so it was probably the suspension that made the difference.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Series8217 wrote:
jelly2m8 wrote:Nothing was changed, just swapped the drivetrain over, exhaust system and all and added AC to it.
Alignment settings can have quite an effect on gas mileage, so it was probably the suspension that made the difference.
Yep, you got it, that was my way of hinting at another benefit of 88's. :thumbleft:
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Well, you could replicate the same alignment settings on the pre-88. I don't know how much differently it would handle.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

jelly2m8 wrote:Levi, for me, I work the calculations out for US gallons, metric system / Imperial measurement doesn't mean shit to me for fuel consumption.
Yeah, I was joking. :thumbleft: I also use US gallons for my fuel consumption calculations. I work with a lot of older guys and they use Imperial gallons. They are the pre metric system guys.