Pics of my car

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Luminic Pure Blues (haven't seen them in my car yet) but I am pretty sure I am going to hate them lol. WAYYYYY too blue but I've got a spare set of lighter blue bulbs with silver tips that will be much more conservative, but we'll see how the luminics look in the projectors.

Xanth

Post by Xanth »

A friend of mine put bulbs like that in his Grand Prix, looked like crap on his car. VERY blue, and VERY dim.

He thought it was the hottest shit though, nevermind my silverstars illuminated more of the road in front of him, while I was driving behind him.

Maybe yours will be better, but his bulbs sucked.
CincinnatiFiero

The $20 ricer ones from ebay and pep boys do suck. These retail at something like $69.99 they are supposidly the best Faux HID you can get. No I did not pay $70 for them, some guy who flipped his J30 and got it sent to a junkyard payed for them for me... We tested them in a Mazda and they are bright, very blue, good in dry, but suck in rain (same reason HIDs are bad in rain, color spectrum or something). We will see how they look in my projector housings, if they suck I will sell them and throw in my much lighter blue bulbs or some uber bright like 60/100w bulbs.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Blue lights are illegal in Alberta.
CincinnatiFiero

Ohio State law stipulates the only 2 colors alowed on the front of a vehicle are white and amber. Technically an HID is illegal but you can't get in trouble, since my blue lights are in projectors I can say they are HID. They probably won't stay on long, they were free so I am trying them out for fun.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

6000k HID is my favorite. A nice bright white color. Same bulbs I will be putting into my CTSs projectors and fogs soon.
CincinnatiFiero

I dunno I like a blue, BMW does it perfectly, their bulbs are only like 4300k, but their projectors make it come out that perfect light blue. Go wild and do 14000k, PURPLE!
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Fieros are ugly with the headlights up anyway. Isn't it more important to see the road while at the same time not blinding oncoming drivers (like everyone with an aftermarket headlight conversion seems to do, hence them being illegal)?
CincinnatiFiero

Sometimes I put my car in the lazy eye position at car shows and these will look cool. Whatever it was a $30 impulse buy. When the 87 gets swapped I will put them in that car because that car is going to be all out custom. My 88 is in storage right now so I have been sitting on these lights for a while.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

Lazy Eyes are ricerific :la:

My fellow Prelude owners loved to do that. If you like the lazy eyes look I'll sell you a Lazy Antenna you're sure to love :thumbleft:

I have a set of Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights, I'm considering dropping them in favor of modded RX7 lights that popup.
CincinnatiFiero

jeez, lets quit hatin on my lights, I think a giant glass H6054 looks like crap, so I bought these to see how they look, also since they are H4 I can put any range of bulbs I want.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:jeez, lets quit hatin on my lights, I think a giant glass H6054 looks like crap, so I bought these to see how they look, also since they are H4 I can put any range of bulbs I want.
lol

I agree the stock headlights suck. I like pop-ups, but not the monstrosities that are Fiero headlights. Whenever I see half-open pop ups though I think they're just broken.
CincinnatiFiero

Ebay projectors - possible $30 fix
Fiero1Fan - gauranteed fix $500

hmmmm... :scratch: what do you want for your Fiero1Fans? I can't afford anything soon but it sounds like you aren't in a hurry.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

If I do sell them it will probably be around $400, I think they would sell for that. They've never been installed, sitting in bubble wrap in my parent's basement.

These are the ones I'm considering going with instead:
http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/071047.html
CincinnatiFiero

I've been considering that swap, didn't want to cut on this 88, maybe I will do those on the 87. They look bad ass.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

They are much more factory looking than the F1F headlights, being molded plastic. The headlights buckets are all you're cutting up, which are the same on all years I believe. Its just the motors that are different.
CincinnatiFiero

I'd rather get the $150 and put it towards a 3800SC, go fast now, look pretty later.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

I'm sticking with my 2.h8 , spending my time making it pretty. Cuz its ugly as hell right now.
CincinnatiFiero

Well I am sticking with the 2.h8 in the 88, 3800SC is for the 87.
CincinnatiFiero

RFT plate frame came in today, I will put up a pic later.