Can my life suck any more? Clutch problems

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

personally i'd take an old one and pay a machine shop to bore it and sleeve it - the replacements suck and are prone to being porous and pitting..

a nice stainless sleeve in one should make the slave last forever with only the seal needing replacement every 20 years
Doug Chase

Post by Doug Chase »

Aaron wrote:I can't visually see the leak, but Doug, the previous owner, said it is the slave, so I'll take his word on it.
I'm glad to hear you got it worked out! I'd still advise doing a little investigation before spending actual money. :thumbleft:

If I remember correctly the rubber boot on the slave was wet.

I've seen the clutch master cylinder go bad on a different car and this is easy to detect, too. Crawl under the dash and look up. You'll see the fluid following the clutch pushrod into the car and then dripping down on the carpet.

The master and slave are both priced similarly and both reasonably easy to change. Slave is easier, though. I'm pretty sure the slave boot was wet on your car.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom: cages, exhausts, fabrication
Duvall, WA
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I'll check tomorrow then.

Thanks