60* V6 Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

ericjon262

Re: 60* V6 Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

Post by ericjon262 »

I was looking for another thread and saw this, I thought it might be useful to add this info from my build thread here.

The Ford 5.0 flywheel bolts ARP PN 156-2801

they're sold as a pack of 8, so you end up with two spares, hopefully you won't need them. Holding the package, it was very apparent that the heads of the bolts are WAY bigger than both the LX9 bolts, and the WOT-tech bolts, and have significantly more area under the heads than any other bolts I had on hand.

under head diameter:
WOT Tech- 0.613"
LX9- 0.6245"
Ford- 0.7345"

Additionally, the ford bolts offer much more thread engagement,

exposed threads though the flywheel:

WOT Tech- 0.4025"
LX9- 0.275"(not threaded to the end)
Ford- 0.592"

Due to the nature of the bolt heads being oversized, I think they can be used without any kind of washer to displace the load of the bolts on the flywheel, however, the ford bolts needed to be trimmed down .075" to fit my crankshaft, your results may vary.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

ericjon262 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:06 pm The Ford 5.0 flywheel bolts ARP PN 156-2801

Due to the nature of the bolt heads being oversized, I think they can be used without any kind of washer to displace the load of the bolts on the flywheel, however, the ford bolts needed to be trimmed down .075" to fit my crankshaft, your results may vary.
Good find!

https://arp-bolts.com/kits/arpkit-detai ... ordID=4567

UHL listed at 0.975. Do you mean you had to trim yours down to 0.900?

Are the flywheel bolt holes in the V6/60 crank blind or through?
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:17 pm
ericjon262 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:06 pm The Ford 5.0 flywheel bolts ARP PN 156-2801

Good find!

https://arp-bolts.com/kits/arpkit-detai ... ordID=4567

UHL listed at 0.975. Do you mean you had to trim yours down to 0.900?

Are the flywheel bolt holes in the V6/60 crank blind or through?

The bolt holes are blind, a bottoming tap may eliminate the need for grinding, and yes, I trimmed them to .900"
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."