The Idiots Step By Step Guide To Series II SC Install

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

The Fieromaster

The Idiots Step By Step Guide To Series II SC Install

Post by The Fieromaster »

This is going to be a step by step total morons guide to a series II install!! With tons of pictures too!! Since i have never done this swap and am pretty NEW to it your all going to learn WITH me... so in the end it should turn out to be basically a how to install thread!!
I will size down all my photos to be nice BUT if anyone wants a larger version i can email you one!

Here goes...

The engine is from a 1996 Buick Riviera, this is the only thing i dont have any pics of!! (ok its not a TOTALY documented swap, i dropped the ball on the deinstall from the Riv)
It came out pretty easy through the TOP... wich is how the guy helping us at the yard wanted it. Just pull all the tranny mounts, totally pull the passenger side engine mount from the frame. UNPLUG your harness from the firewall, then trace the cars side of the harness back to where it enters the firewall and cut it there... You will be left with a 2 foot section of the cars side of the wiring harness... This will be usefull because you can splice all this to the fiero and still unplug the engine for various reasons.

Here come the pictures... To start here is a good shot of a 96 Riv that frightningly looks IDENTICAL to the one my engine came from, Damage and everything!!

Once you rip out your engine it should look like the following! :thumbleft:

Here is a no cover shot.... im debating still moddifying the cover so i can use it... Good for a SLIGHT attempt at sleeper vehical, or a more stock appearence, however when i go to show it off, id like to remove the cover so she looks like this. (technical note, if you dont have the shiney grey thing on the top there you got screwed!!)

Here is a cool shot of the engine and her future home!

Ok, ok, now for the fun... I pulled the charger because A; I wanted to polish the outside and make it look WICKED umongst the rest of the engine wich i want to paint black.... However, powder coat on this thing is THICK and i mean thicker then George Bush's head!!! SO i was gonna wire wheel it off with a dremel (nice for hard to reach stuff) now that i have a few baron of paint spots im stuck going for it, so i may try sand blasting OR chemical stripping, any suggestions are much loved! And for reason B; I found some porting instructions online to make it a little more efficient... so ill give that a shot too!!!

I had to pull my blower off to do the above fun stuff.... if you cant do that yourself, your a :tool: and shouldnt be around a car!! (ok yea i didnt take pics of that either, i JUST decided to do this step by step thing.

Here are a few pics of the series II blower as it sits on my counter!

^^ Above you can see the stock outlet :withstupid: were going to port her out some to make her look a little bit more like the ZZP outlet show here...

I have also heard about porting the throttle body AND blocking the EGR inlet both of wich i will research and post more on here soon.

More to come soon.... So much time and so little to do, wait, strike that and reverse it!
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Cool thread, looking forward to seeing this step by step, would love to do a 3800sc some day. :thumbleft:
V8Archie

Post by V8Archie »

Last edited by V8Archie on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Maybe this can rate a sticky?
V8Archie

Post by V8Archie »

Last edited by V8Archie on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fieromaster

Ill take Stickydom!! Got more to post later tonight let me gather my bearings (brain matter not car parts) and photos and ill post em tonights!
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Thanks for sharing. This is the exact kind of thread I like to see.
z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Re: The Idiots Step By Step Guide To Series II SC Install

Post by z.MacK »

The Fieromaster wrote:Image
Reminds me of this chick I ate out. :la:
She knew how to blow bahahaha
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

z.MacK wrote:
The Fieromaster wrote:Image
Reminds me of this chick I ate out. :la:
She knew how to blow bahahaha
man you would NOT want to stick your tongue in there :la:
The Fieromaster

Kohburn wrote: you would NOT want to stick your tongue in there :la:
I think thats what he was saying about the chick too??? :puke:
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

So this is a 3 page thread in Olde Europe, and a 9 post thread here, with half of that being stupid bullshit frm the peanut gallery?

Sad.

CALIFORNIA BUMP, fuckers.