A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

CincinnatiFiero

Hilary for President

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

WTF happened with Ron Paul? Americans against an honest government?
CincinnatiFiero

For the dems its pretty much Hilary and Obama, personally I like McCain, but who knows.
whipped

Post by whipped »

crzyone wrote:WTF happened with Ron Paul? Americans against an honest government?
With the right media coverage and spin, a turd could be elected the next president.

Actually on second thought, I'd say that has a fairly high chance of occurring..........

/sigh
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

crzyone wrote:WTF happened with Ron Paul? Americans against an honest government?
http://www.blackboxvoting.org
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

imo - ron pauls personally was his worst enemy. I just wasn't as likable despite his platform.

that being said hillary is doing amazingly well inspite of her mr. roboto persona.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Kohburn wrote:
imo - ron pauls personally was his worst enemy. I just wasn't as likable despite his platform.

that being said hillary is doing amazingly well inspite of her mr. roboto persona.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PiiaBqwqkXs
CincinnatiFiero

Black man will happen long before white woman IMO. I think Hilary could beat out Barack though and grab the dem ticket. McCain will take the GOP ticket and win, hilary can't beat McCain imo. I have always seen myself as conservative, no a bushie but I def lean right. This thread isn't about the american president, its about the universal hatred of hilary clinton.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Fuck Hillary.. and Fuck McCain.. Fuck Obama.. and FUCK the Council of Foreign Relations
BigRedDeckSpoiler

Post by BigRedDeckSpoiler »

It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.
I think Hillary is toast, but it's still early in the game.

Here are some questions and observations...
Obama.
Can a black man be elected?
I certainly think it's possible. Colin Powell would have been a shoo-in. I'd have voted for him in a millisecond.
I'm not so sure about Obama, though. Although he seems to be an honerable guy, he doesn't have any record, to speak of, to fall back on. There's also that "Muslim daddy" thing, even though it probably means squat, in this case. He's still liberal as hell. And he wants my guns. (Or at least doesn't want ME to have them.)
One thing that may become important is if the conservative Blacks, who have been voting Republican, cross over and vote for Obama. I'm told by people who are in a position to know that this is a real possibility.

Hillary.
Can a woman be elected?
Also certainly possible. The Brits have been doing it (well... PM) for years. No problem for me.
Hillary? Not a chance. There can't be any republicans that would vote for her (except for maybe a few misguided women.) Even if she gets the nomination, there are even some Dems who despise her.

McCain.
Looks like he's got the nomination for the Republicans.
I think he's got a chance at the whole enchilada, provided the Republicans don't stay home in protest.
Of course the Republicans that go will vote for him. He's also moderate enough that I could picture some Dems voting for him, as well. Many of these votes will be the ones (and there are guaranteed to be a few) who are decidedly against allowing either a Black man or Hillary to be elected.

My opinion?
Too bad you can't write in "none of the above" and make it count.
BRDS
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Yeah, we need to add a quorum to the voting laws. If you can't manage to get enough people interested that there's at least a XX% voter turn out, then you just need to go home and we'll let the office go for a while until someone interesting comes along.

I've heard that McCain wanted to muzzle bloggers who were saying things about him... What exactly does he think about the first Amendment?
BigRedDeckSpoiler

Post by BigRedDeckSpoiler »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: ...I've heard that McCain wanted to muzzle bloggers who were saying things about him... What exactly does he think about the first Amendment?
THAT'S interesting.
Happen to have a link, or a source?

(I thought the Dems were the ones who were supposed to be challenging free speech. i.e., talk radio. Hmpf.)
BRDS
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

BigRedDeckSpoiler wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote: ...I've heard that McCain wanted to muzzle bloggers who were saying things about him... What exactly does he think about the first Amendment?
THAT'S interesting.
Happen to have a link, or a source?

(I thought the Dems were the ones who were supposed to be challenging free speech. i.e., talk radio. Hmpf.)
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/12/13/mcc ... -on-blogs/
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

http://www.thecherrycreeknews.com/content/view/515/60/

Read the entire speech before passing judgement about the portion that was lifted out of context as an attack on bloggers.

Having acknowledged that behaviour in himself, it's interesting that he decries it in others.
FIEROAJ

Post by FIEROAJ »

DiggityBiggity wrote:
I agree both with the statement and the link.
One or the other or both.
1984 Fiero (manual trans) SOLD

1984 Fiero (automatic) SOLD

1987 Fiero GT, Northstar swap axed, engine sold. 3800 turbo planned.