London cops aren't fucking around.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

London cops aren't fucking around.

Post by stimpy »

Bypass security in the London Underground and the first five bullets are free!

'Bomber' shot dead in London: witness reports
By Times Online ange agencies
A suspected suicide bomber was killed by police at a London Underground station this morning, shot five times after attempting to board a packed Tube train. This is what people saw

Amanda Benn was on her way to work this morning from South London, travelling north on the Victoria line when her train pulled into Stockwell station only moments after police shot dead a suspected suicide bomber on the neighbouring Northern line platform.

After getting off the Tube at Pimlico station the 28-year-old research she told Times Online: "We pulled into Stockwell, I was on the train from Brixton, on the Victoria Line, and as we pulled into the station we saw everyone running alongside the train and out of the station. People were banging on the windows.

"When the train stopped I think we all thought there had been a bomb, so everyone's instinct was to get off, but then everyone on the platform shouted 'Get in the train, get in the train!' So people got on and some of them said they had heard gunshots. One woman with two babies, she was middle-aged, said she had heard gunshots.

"People were panicking and someone dropped a duffel bag on the platform and I thought, 'Holy f***, there's another bomb'.

"Then as we pulled out, someone on the train had the initiative to duck, I mean, we didn't know what was going on. So we all crouched down, some in their seats, but most of us just crouched down on the floor."

Mark Whitby, speaking to BBC News 24, reported the man was shot five times at close range after he had jumped on a train.

Mr Whitby said he was sitting on the Tube train reading his paper as it was stationary with its doors open in Stockwell station.

He said he heard people shouting "get down, get down!"

He said: "An Asian guy ran on to the train. As he ran, he was hotly pursued by what I knew to be three plainclothes police officers."

He tripped and was also pushed to the floor and one of the officers shot him five times.

"One of the police officers was holding a black automatic pistol in his left hand. They held it down to him and unloaded five shots into him. I saw it. He’s dead, five shots, he’s dead."

He reported the man did not seem to be carrying a weapon or wearing a rucksack.

"Somebody in plain clothes who I thought was a civilian cop had his gun out and started shooting and told us to get out."

Chris Wells, a 28-year-old company manager, said he was travelling on the Victoria Line towards Vauxhall when he left the train at Stockwell.

He saw about 20 police officers, some of them armed, rushing into the station before a man jumped over the barriers with police giving chase.

He said: "There were at least 20 of them (officers) and they were carrying big black guns.

"The next thing I saw was this guy jump over the barriers and the police officers were chasing after him and everyone was just shouting ’get out, get out"’.

Christopher Scaglione, 35, a fashion designer, was also on a Victoria Line tube train shortly before the incident. He told PA: "The train didn’t stop at Vauxhall and so I got out at Stockwell.

"I was just on my way out when I heard at first a little bang, not like a bomb more like a gun, and then people were shouting.

"People then started to run and I heard two or three more bangs like people shooting."

Chris Martin said he was waiting on the northbound Northern line platform at Stockwell station and a train had pulled in when several men burst on to the platform about 20 yards from him. "There was a lot of shouting, I thought it was football fans or something," he said.

"There was obviously some sort of altercation going on, and then they came flying on to the platform and these guys just threw this man into the open doors of the train. "Then I heard shots, I thought it was three but someone else said five.

"It sounded like a silencer gun going off, and then there was blind panic, with people shouting and screaming and just running away.

"I didn’t actually see the gun, but I heard this ‘bang, bang, bang’.

"When I left the station a guy called Mark who had been on the train said they had shot the man dead, no doubt about it."

Christine Burgess, a 56-year-old accountant, said the apparent shooting was the second security alert she had been caught up in this morning.

She said: "I was on a Tube train at Kennington when we were told to get off and we saw a suspicious person with a bag taken away from the carriage I was in. "After leaving the station, I decided to get on the 155 bus to try and get home and we had just got to Stockwell when we stopped.

"I was looking out of the window on the right-hand side and another driver from a different bus came on to ours and said police had just shot a suicide bomber in Stockwell station. "I was still looking out of the window and saw them bring out the black zip-up bag and that must have been the person involved because nobody else was hurt. I saw it taken into the ambulance."

She added that, despite her chaotic morning, she still felt calm and composed and able to travel on public transport.

She said: "I’m not a highly-strung person, I am fairly calm, but I am confident that the police and security forces are doing an excellent job."

Holy fuck! Five rounds from a automatic into the back of a guy who is on the ground. I like the way they think over there.
V8Mikie

Post by V8Mikie »

They were probably scared he was getting ready to set something off or might set it off before they could kill him.
KissMySSFiero

Post by KissMySSFiero »

can you imagine the if that happened here. All of the rights activists throwing fits. Fuck it, shoot them too.

I , too, like how they think over there. Sad thing is, you can't win against someone who wants to die.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

V8Mikie wrote:They were probably scared he was getting ready to set something off or might set it off before they could kill him.
I absolutely think they were justified. But still, that would never play here.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Scary.. really scary

Your Fuehrer

Diggity"I pray everynight this doesn't happen here"Biggity
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Seeing as I work in law enforcement, I don't want to make a statement on something that I didn't see, but I'm willing to bet that these officers have recieved similar training to what I have been through.

In our training when we are dealing with someone who we believe is ready to detonate some kind of weapon of mass effect, we are taught to immobilize that threat immediately and with certainty.

Now was this person going to detonate something? Did the officers believe he was going to detonate something? Those are questions that will have to be answered and those answers will be twisted and scrutinized to no end.

I have been in some intense situations and have spent countless hours writing memos and statements. But none of it can even come close to actually shooting someone, let alone 5 times. If Britain is anything like the US, I truly feel bad for the officers, because they have a lot of writing and explaining ahead of them.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

I read something on CNN that regular officers in the UK dont carry guns (only specialized assignment police do). I am quite shocked as this is something I would likely see more here, than there.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Bet Blair supports Bush now.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
V8Mikie

Post by V8Mikie »

Average police over there do not carry guns, just sticks. Kind of pointless in my opinion but, oh well.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

so did they end up finding a bomb on this dead guy or what?

They keep sayinghe was a suspected bomber, but did they actually find anyting?

Or was it all unjustified?
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Psy-Ops in my opinion.. be afraid.. stay afraid.. let us search your bags.. oh, and by the way.. if undressed officers are chasing you.. and you run.. you're dead

Your Fuehrer

Diggity"1984"Biggity
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I'd say if you jump a security blockade the day after failed suicide bombing attempts, then you really shouldn't be surprised if authorities take a dim view. I think how it went down was coldhearted as fuck, but I'm sure there were a whole lot of Londoners on that train who were ok with that. Like it or not, this is the world we live in.

Now, if US cops could get that hardcore with domestic terrorists (gangbangers) here. Send some Crips and Trece off to Gitmo, baby. Get rid of our gangsters, plus give the Al Qeadas something to be afraid of. Two birds, one stone.
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

Now, if we just turn England into a gigantic prison...

The facts (at least those shared amongst testimonials by most all news agencies)
- Male Asian guy
- Warm summer day, Asian wearing heavy coat
- Three police (possibly plain clothes)
- Police told him to stop while on the platform
- A Policeman had a gun
- Man ignored police, jumped the gate, and boarded a train
- He got shot 5 times in the head.

Should he be shot to death? Yes, I would have done the same, given the previous bombings. Regardless if the person was confused if these people are real police or not, he made the choice: Run from people telling him to stop armed with a gun. I personally would have made the choice to stop.

To further re-enforce my argument. If the guy did have a bomb, he almost certainly would have used it to kill lots of people if the police wasted time trying to subdue him without gunplay in the train. This is probably precisely what they are trained to do and quite possibly the only way to thwart a suicide bomber in progress.
whipped

Post by whipped »

zonyl wrote: - Warm summer day, Asian wearing heavy coat
Little Nicky?
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

The problem with this is the slippery slope. This guy apparently had as much in the way of a bomb or detonting device as Iraq had WMD's, or the gov would be all over telling about it. So if they can go gun down people in the back as a preemptive measure, what's next?

I find this alarming and just killing people based on their looks and the fact that they're rushing onto a train is scarry. What of the guy was skipping out on paying? What if he didn't speak English and freaked out that he was being chased? I wonder what the little ones who watched will think of this?
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

EBSB52 wrote:The problem with this is the slippery slope. This guy apparently had as much in the way of a bomb or detonting device as Iraq had WMD's, or the gov would be all over telling about it. So if they can go gun down people in the back as a preemptive measure, what's next?

I find this alarming and just killing people based on their looks and the fact that they're rushing onto a train is scarry. What of the guy was skipping out on paying? What if he didn't speak English and freaked out that he was being chased? I wonder what the little ones who watched will think of this?
What sympathy would you have about the people that dont know they will be killed if they step in front of a moving semi? Or any other folks that people poke fun of as Darwin award winners.

Either this person who was shot was either incredibly naive (Darwin award candidate for sure) or he was a suicide bomber. Either way, I dont have a lot of compassion for the guy. It boils down to a greater good situation, IMO, and if he did or didnt have a bomb, that officer and those like him will save a whole lot of lives.

Think about the converse event: Asian guy blows up the train killing 8, including an officer who saw this person wearing a large jacket, ran from him after telling him to stop, and let him onto the train. This would be a very similar situation to that canadian who was let across the border with a bloody chainsaw. Media tore that apart claiming how idiotic it was for the US customs to let someone do that.
Doug Chase

Post by Doug Chase »

zonyl wrote:The facts (at least those shared amongst testimonials by most all news agencies)
- Male Asian guy
- Warm summer day, Asian wearing heavy coat
- Three police (possibly plain clothes)
- Police told him to stop while on the platform
- A Policeman had a gun
- He got shot 5 times in the head.

Should he be shot to death? Yes, I would have done the same, given the previous bombings. Regardless if the person was confused if these people are real police or not, he made the choice: Run from people telling him to stop armed with a gun. I personally would have made the choice to stop.
They didn't shoot him on the run. They shot him after they caught him and had him on the ground.

Now it looks like it was a mistake and that he wasn't connected to the bombings. Oops.

Doug
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Yea I knew he didn't have a bomb on him.

Everyone is on pins and needles right now over there

Let me axe you guys something. Lets say you were running late and had to catch the bus. Some dudes in plain clothes come running after you with guns drawn. ARe you going to stop? Hell I wouldn't and I dont' think anyone else would either. he prob saw the train as his getaway from psychoes with guns running after him.

I mean if you were walking out of the store and someone pulled a gun on you in plain clothes and told you to stop and drop your shit, but was like 30 feet away and you had a chance to run to your car and get away, are you trying to tell me that you wouldnt' try to run? You dont' know who that person is or if they are going to shoot you for no reason.

The normal reaction to someone pulling a gun is to run. Thats prob what he was doing and everyone else would have done the same thing too. If you are being chased by dudes with guns, then well you would run too. I guess thats the definition of a chase but you know what I mean.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

I agree with you 100% Shaun

Your Fuehrer

Diggity"Police State is here"Biggity
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

zonyl wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:The problem with this is the slippery slope. This guy apparently had as much in the way of a bomb or detonting device as Iraq had WMD's, or the gov would be all over telling about it. So if they can go gun down people in the back as a preemptive measure, what's next?

What sympathy would you have about the people that dont know they will be killed if they step in front of a moving semi? Or any other folks that people poke fun of as Darwin award winners.

Either this person who was shot was either incredibly naive (Darwin award candidate for sure) or he was a suicide bomber. Either way, I dont have a lot of compassion for the guy. It boils down to a greater good situation, IMO, and if he did or didnt have a bomb, that officer and those like him will save a whole lot of lives.

Think about the converse event: Asian guy blows up the train killing 8, including an officer who saw this person wearing a large jacket, ran from him after telling him to stop, and let him onto the train. This would be a very similar situation to that canadian who was let across the border with a bloody chainsaw. Media tore that apart claiming how idiotic it was for the US customs to let someone do that.
Oops

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&c ... britain_dc

*YAWN*

This is why. Simply running from a pig shouldn't be reason to smoke someone. The pigs will be exonerated, there will be a multi-million $ payout, and things will return as normal.... you know, pigs shooting innocent citizens.