Does anyone still care?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Should the playhouse go bye bye?

No, my very identity is tied to my association with this forum, please don't take this away from me!
74%
Yes, I am filled with schadenfreude, and would take great pleasure from your demise.
13%
I wandered in here by mistake.
13%

Total votes: 23

stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Does anyone still care?

Post by stimpy »

OK, I've had my ego stroke. But I'm thinking it's about time that the playhouse got absorbed into Anything Goes. Not much is going on here that wouldn't be appropriate there, anyhow. Any objections?
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

Its your "house" do whatever you want. :) Seriously though, I thought it was more of a proof of concept than an ego thing for you.

I would guess your initial goals were met already, so it probably doesnt need to exist anymore.
Fierochic88

Post by Fierochic88 »

I like the fact that no one can see it but those you invite.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I somehow got invited, don't quite rememberasking, or him telling me, just see it...lol

I still wondered here by accident tho.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

its your section dude.

do what you want.

Old Europeans would prob get tons of laughs out of it though if it ended up being incorporated into anything goes.

I dont' mind it here. I think its fun to have it invite only. Makes other people wonder whats going on in here that can't get in.

Prob pisses some people off.

I am sure Cliff will see this. Please share your feelings Cliffbag.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I want to change my vote, it isn't a mistake anymore.

RECOUNT!!!!
A. Frayn

Post by A. Frayn »

I think its great.

Sort of like that cool underground bar you can always go to when the outside world gets too severe or serious.

Give it time, and it will become a legendary hangout for those who just wish to "hang loose". No politics, just a little goofiness.
88GTneverfinsihed

Post by 88GTneverfinsihed »

I knew this question was coming. Very few posts in the playhouse over the last week. The reason it must stay is this:
Fierochic88 wrote:I like the fact that no one can see it but those you invite.
as much as Old Europe claims this site is irrelevant, they are here checking it out constantely. There has to be an off limits section that they can't access. I think it drives them nuts. You made a name for yourself over there. What better name for a section they can't access than a stimpy section? Even if nothing much goes on in here, you know they're wondering.

The lack of activity is not limited to this section by any means. This whole site needs more activity if it is going to be a viable alternative. I am going to make more of an effort to do my part. I hope others will do the same.

Save the playhouse!
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

88GTneverfinsihed wrote:I knew this question was coming. Very few posts in the playhouse over the last week. The reason it must stay is this:
Fierochic88 wrote:I like the fact that no one can see it but those you invite.
as much as Old Europe claims this site is irrelevant, they are here checking it out constantely. There has to be an off limits section that they can't access. I think it drives them nuts. You made a name for yourself over there. What better name for a section they can't access than a stimpy section? Even if nothing much goes on in here, you know they're wondering.
Im sure the people you think would be driven nuts, already have access to see what is here. Cliffy has a well connected social network and lots of people that play the double agent bit. FDC has a special forum section limited to a smaller group than any here and yet posts from there were being PM'd at Old Europe (a lot of people there still dont realize that website code can grab your previous URL quite easily)
88GTneverfinsihed

well mary sunshine, thanks for playing.

Fuck it. let's concede defeat and shut the whole site down. Cliff's superspy network has obviously brought us to our knees.

:knob:
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

88GTneverfinsihed wrote:well mary sunshine, thanks for playing.

Fuck it. let's concede defeat and shut the whole site down. Cliff's superspy network has obviously brought us to our knees.
Now, now. Just invalidating secrecy as a reason from the list of pro's / con's on keeping the topic.
Last edited by zonyl on Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
88GTneverfinsihed

ok, then post a pro, instead of just being a con
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

88GTneverfinsihed wrote:ok, then post a pro, instead of just being a con
So I can have conversations just like this one :thumbleft:
88GTneverfinsihed

zonyl wrote:Image
I'm sure no one will cry if you use it.

Nice edit
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

zonyl wrote:
Im sure the people you think would be driven nuts, already have access to see what is here.
Oh, they're nutty about it alright.

Want some scandal? How's this PM from fierobear to Cliff right after I sent out the PM invites, obtained through anonymous sources...

"He is spamming by PM, because word has it he is either starting his own forum or he whined and cried his way to having Shaun (or whoever the fuck runs that shitcan forum) create Stimpy's playhouse or some such crap. So he's using PM to invite *certain people* to his invitation-only waaa-waaa forum.

My advice - don't allow him PM access, period. And I know it's against protocol, but pulling his posting rights and/or locking out people's access to his profile (so they can't get his email addy) might be necessary. Basically, he's trying to "recruit" members to his whiney-ass playpen, and away from Pennock's. God, what a @%#$ing baby."

Cliff has access to this forum. He can see whatever the fuck he wants to. I hope he can see what finger I'm holding up.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote:I hope he can see what finger I'm holding up.
I'm guessing the thumb. Yah for sure, gotta be the thumb's up!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

yea like I said in another post, cliffy blocked my ip again from viewing old Europe. I mean where am I going to get all my material from? This happen to anyone else?

Guess I will just change it again. he does this every so often. I guess its supposed to teach me something?
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Yeah, I don't understand that. I guess he thinks it's really tough for me to reach over and turn my DSL modem off and back on again to get a new IP. I mean, I barely know how to turn these computemutefectaors on, and even I know that.

Anyway, enough about short dutch people. Don't make me move this thread! :blah5:
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote:Don't make me move this thread! :blah5:
Admin abuse, ADMIN ABUSE, ADMIN ABUSE!!!
SaxAndViolins

<sniff!>

Post by SaxAndViolins »

stimp...somehow I am ceasing to feel special...
1, 2, skip a few, 255. Everyone has a character limit...