Sooooo..... what do the quickest PR 60*'s run?

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Orief's car would destroy your old setup around a road course. He races his car so having an engine that doesn't depend on nitrous is a good idea.

Shaun, he ran a low 12, has gone to the dyno to tune. Give the guy a break, he did more than 99% of sbc owners do.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Like I've said before, his engine pretty much makes its rated power in a Fiero. That's stellar performance considering his peer group.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:That's stellar performance considering his peer group.
What, the SBC crowd? Stellar is an understatement. $7000 for 330hp? That's simply magnificent. :scratch:
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

You are so hung up on money. If he has the cash and would rather someone else build it then that is his choice. Cost doesn't matter to some people.

He got what he wanted, what he paid for. Doesn't matter if you think it's too expensive. Maybe someday when you have a house, a job and a life you won't find the time to work on your stuff either. $7k isn't exactly a lot of money anyways.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

crzyone wrote:You are so hung up on money. If he has the cash and would rather someone else build it then that is his choice. Cost doesn't matter to some people.

He got what he wanted, what he paid for. Doesn't matter if you think it's too expensive. Maybe someday when you have a house, a job and a life you won't find the time to work on your stuff either. $7k isn't exactly a lot of money anyways.
He doesn't have the cash, that's why he's stuck in a 20 year old econo-box. Notice everyone who has the cash has moved up? What do you drive? Trevor? Donk?

He got raped, because he's a fucking idiot. Edelbrock makes a brand new 350 crate engine. It weighs significantly less than his, is a fully assembled long block (Including carb/MSD ignition), makes more power and a lot more torque, has a no charge no deductible 2 year warranty, ARP hardware, an air gap intake and dyno-tuned 650cfm Edelbrock carb, all for over $1500 less than he spent.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Doesn't matter. He got what he wanted, what he paid for. There could be 100 better engines, but he wanted a GM crate engine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Aaron wrote:He got raped, because he's a fucking idiot. Edelbrock makes a brand new 350 crate engine. It weighs significantly less than his, is a fully assembled long block (Including carb/MSD ignition), makes more power and a lot more torque, has a no charge no deductible 2 year warranty, ARP hardware, an air gap intake and dyno-tuned 650cfm Edelbrock carb, all for over $1500 less than he spent.
Why don't you explain which engine you're referring to and how/why it's so much lighter and cheaper than a ZZ4?
Matt Hawkins

Post by Matt Hawkins »

Just to keep the thread on track. I ran 11.9 @ 118.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Thanks for joining, Matt.

You've got a DOHC, though. Kthxbai :thumbleft:
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Hey Matt, welcome to the forum!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

crzyone wrote:Doesn't matter. He got what he wanted, what he paid for. There could be 100 better engines, but he wanted a GM crate engine.
The short block is a GM crate motor, Edelbrock just fixes the long block, to make it not suckass like his. I have a GM crate engine as well. It didn't cost 7 grand. And with the 6 I saved, I guarantee you I can make more power, get better mileage, have a far easier swap, hold my transmission in one piece, and God knows what else.
The Dark Side of Will wrote: Why don't you explain which engine you're referring to and how/why it's so much lighter and cheaper than a ZZ4?
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new ... _363.shtml

After looking at the ZZ4 again, it looks as if it is an aluminum head engine, I thought it was iron. At any rate it makes less power, much less torque, costs more, uses lower quality components, and as far as I'm aware, doesn't have a warranty.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Aaron wrote:
much less torque
In one breath you say your 3.4dohc will be easier on a transmission and in the next you say that his engine has less torque than the EB.

So with your own logic, wouldn't it be better if his engine makes less torque than the EB?

I think you are confused. Need to form a better argument. :la:
Leafy

Post by Leafy »

Aaron wrote:
The short block is a GM crate motor, Edelbrock just fixes the long block, to make it not suckass like his. I have a GM crate engine as well. It didn't cost 7 grand. And with the 6 I saved, I guarantee you I can make more power, get better mileage, have a far easier swap, hold my transmission in one peice, and God knows what else.
Well Prove it, ignoramus. You're just as bad as some of the SBC guys claiming wild Horsepower numbers and fast 1/4 times without showing the proof. Dyno it and Race it.

Until then, :stfu:
86 Fiero SE 2M6
3.1L V6 5 Speed SOLD
06 Cobalt SS
2.0 Ecotec Supercharged 3.0 inch Pulley
15 Psi Daily Driver SOLD
2008 Hyundai Accent (HYUNDAI POWER!!!!)
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

crzyone wrote: In one breath you say your 3.4dohc will be easier on a transmission and in the next you say that his engine has less torque than the EB.

So with your own logic, wouldn't it be better if his engine makes less torque than the EB?

I think you are confused. Need to form a better argument. :la:
It would be better, if you still have the HP. His lacks both.
Leafy wrote: Well Prove it, ignoramus. You're just as bad as some of the SBC guys claiming wild Horsepower numbers and fast 1/4 times without showing the proof. Dyno it and Race it.

Until then, :stfu:
I am. I'm sorry it isn't an overnight deal. Not like you'd know, yoru Fiero doesn't have shit.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Orief had an E46 sedan last I saw... so, yeah, he does have some cash. My old base one (325i, leather, roof, auto) stickered at $37,000. I can say my 60* V6 is slow as shit and would never hit 14s lol.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Cash and debt are not equal.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

very true, but I wouldn't worry about David, hes doing okay, its V8Archie who keeps going broke.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Aaron wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote: Why don't you explain which engine you're referring to and how/why it's so much lighter and cheaper than a ZZ4?
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new ... _363.shtml

After looking at the ZZ4 again, it looks as if it is an aluminum head engine, I thought it was iron. At any rate it makes less power, much less torque, costs more, uses lower quality components, and as far as I'm aware, doesn't have a warranty.
So what's the price difference, then?
Leafy

Post by Leafy »

Aaron wrote:
I am. I'm sorry it isn't an overnight deal. Not like you'd know, yoru Fiero doesn't have shit.
We're not talking about me, we're talking about you, since that's all you like to do.

If you can't prove anything then just Shutup Aaron.
86 Fiero SE 2M6
3.1L V6 5 Speed SOLD
06 Cobalt SS
2.0 Ecotec Supercharged 3.0 inch Pulley
15 Psi Daily Driver SOLD
2008 Hyundai Accent (HYUNDAI POWER!!!!)
Chris-Nelson

Post by Chris-Nelson »

well this topic USED TO BE interesting...