Ported Gen 3 3400 heads

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

Shaun41178(2)

Ported Gen 3 3400 heads

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Gen 3 heads that have been fully ported. These are off of a 3400

Gasket matched, bowl work, modified combustion chambers, unshrouded valves

Basically these heads have had the works done to them. I did all the work myself with professional tools. I spent a lot of time on these heads. The plan was to use them on a fiero swap but the Combustion chambers are still a smidge too small for my dished pistons and compression would still be a tad higher then I want.

The little ridges in the chambers by the valves and been removed and the material has been blended into the chamber. This helps to unshroud the valves at very low lifts.

The nubbin next to the spark plug has been removed as well and smoothed for no sharp edges.

Chambers have had the valve divider smoothed and rounded instead of coming to a point like stock

Combustion chambers have recieved a full polish as well with a 180 grit wheel

Intake side the ports were gasket matched and bowl blended. All casting flaws have been removed and smoothed. Finished with a 300 grit wheel to keep teh surface slightly rough. Short side radius has been blended and smoothed into the seat.

Exh side has had the exh ports ever so slightly enlarged. Bowls have been blended and the short side radius blended into the seat. Finished with a 180 grit wheel for a mirror shine.

Serious buyers only please. I am looking to get in the range of $325 for these. This will also include the Gen 3 full roller rockers.

A port job like this would probably cost hundreds more. I was going to use these so I paid a lot of attention to detail. Many hours were spent on these heads. Compare to other people here selling ported heads and you will probably pay more and get considerably less.

Reason for selling? Want money for other more important projects while I wait for the larger CC of the 3900 heads

go here for pics and I can email more if you need them.
http://www.60degreev6.com/index.php?nam ... pic&t=6802
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

You don't know how tempting it is to buy these, buy everything needed to do a DIS setup, and use these heads with a custom intake mani and cam. I'm sure I could also put together a nice set of equal length headers.

Goddamn you Shaun, you're going to put me bankrupt.

I'd like to, but I think I better focus on the DOHC for now...But God it is tempting...I could even use the independent throttle bodies originally set for use with my DOHC...
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

325 is a good deal for these.

But the seller uses words like "tad" and "smidge" so im out.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Those look VERY nice.

Are those the heads in which you tried to hog out the chambers to lower the compression for turbo use?

Just get a DIS 2.8 crank and 6" Chevy rods... lower compression with less displacement.

What is known about the 3900 heads? And the 3900 in general?
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

damn dude - work of art
I have a friend with a 3400 fiero - wonder if he'd be interested
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

sold.

thanks everyone.
Doug Chase

Post by Doug Chase »

First time I've seen this.