Pics of my 87 Zimmer Quicksilver

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Quicksilver

Pics of my 87 Zimmer Quicksilver

Post by Quicksilver »

Today was actually the 1st day that I have done anything to the car since before last winter, having 2 kids under 2 doesnt leave alot of time for "projects". All I did today was put the rear shocks back in so I could put the wheels on it to push it another 2 feet in the garage, maybe now I can get that cradle dropped.

Anyway, story is! My grandfather bought a brand new fiero gt in 86, saw a quicksilver on the lot but only saw the the rear and thought it was a buick. He goes back to the Pontiac dealership to check them out, I think maybe 6-7 months later if that the fiero was traded in on the Zimmer. We road tripped in it everywhere and at 8 years old I could tell anyone what it was, where it came from and everything else about it. We honestly were asked about the car no matter where we went. I was bugged about it everytime I stopped to get gas while trailering it from alabama to nebraska, hell i had some repairmen stop in the middle of the street last week to yell "hey what is that in the garage". In other words, headturner, convo starter. Plus having the car that dropped me off in 1st grade is cool.

Unlike most of them, he actually drove the Zimmer, and after spending over 53k on it, why the hell not. Its got 89k miles on it right now, after I picked it up last year it hadnt been driven since 01 or 02. My plans are just to restore it, probably change wheels and thats about it. I'd like to have it on the road by this summer(hey said that last year) so I need this cradle dropped already!! Ok, here are pics starting from when I got it til the most recent.

paint is untouched by me! yes that reflection is untouched!!!
real wood
Jay wrote:
Jay wrote:pics from the latest clean up, look at the chrome the rust is "gone"! Had some friends "putting in work"

i tried somemore on the hood, what ever is on it, is damn thick!
I did get the top of the car to shine, more pics tomorrow!

Currently restoring a 1987 Zimmer Quicksilver.
Banned from Old Europe for arguing with V8Archie.
Quicksilver

Post by Quicksilver »

if anyone knows of any quicksilver parts out there please let me know. I need the original hood emblem(stolen in early 90s, Pop put that golden spirit eagle on it, yuck) Also need one wheel Centercap.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

You gotta slap some chrome 20's on that thing! Pimp that shit OUT!
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Chris-Nelson

Post by Chris-Nelson »

I think that car is awesome! I want one.
Honest Don

Post by Honest Don »

Hey, Jay made it over! How ya doin?
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I'm not a fan of the Zimmers at all, but I look forward seeing what you'll do to it!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Quicksilver

Post by Quicksilver »

Honest Don wrote:Hey, Jay made it over! How ya doin?
Doing good, put the struts back in and wheels on, lowered the car, pushed that tank bitch another 3-4 feet into the garage and this week I plan on jacking it sky high and getting that engine out. No motivation is my motivation at this point.

I'm gonna check out what you told me about on tuesday. I'll be in uniform so hopefully he says "200, take em all" lmao. :salute: