Anyone in Central FL want to race?

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Billybo455

Anyone in Central FL want to race?

Post by Billybo455 »

well i'm up for some racing. so for my first post i'm calling somebody out. whether it's drag or road racing, let's go :P
my fiero is faster then yours. the end. except you fieroX :P
whipped

Post by whipped »

turbo done?
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

hoping by wednesday. going to fab up equal lenght manifolds in one day. the car still runs. just not as fast with only 4-5lbs of boost :P
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

street ok? My car is ready. Don't have time to get to the track and too far.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

the track is only 45-60 minutes from you. that's not to far. that's and one time for being busted on street racing is enough for me.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

70 minutes or so yes. by the time I get off work, get home, get changed, get in the car, drive to the freeway, get on the freeway, drive to the track, pay, go through tech, get in the staging lanes its after 7 pm. Track closes at what 10? That leaves less then 3 hours to get runs in. I could probably get 1-2 runs in the whole night and it might not be guaranteed we get lined up next to each other. Of course not even being able to prep the car. Not worth the $20 and the gas it takes to get there and back.

I might have my car up at fuelslut sat night(tomorrow) if you want to bring your fiero up there. If interested its on the corner of I beleive Orange ave and highway 50 just off of I4 near downtown. if interested let me know and I will make sure to contact you with a post or email or something so you knwo I will be out there. I am still undecided if I am going to go yet or not.

And when I say street, I mean the highway.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Don't be a pussy, get off work early.
<Insert Sig Here>
whipped

Post by whipped »

Work is for people who have money. I think we all have fieros here.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

well i've been going to the track every wednesday for the past 5 weeks. i get there at 6 and leave at 9 with atleast 6 passes in by 9 pm. if you go to fuelslut meet i might show up to that. i'll bring the slow car. from what i hear i won't need my fiero's power to beat you :P let me know i'll be driving this.

good luck.
whipped

Post by whipped »

I have a lifter clackin because I haven't driven the car in a while, but if you're there wed, I'll be there to put a decent run in. Should be pretty easy to beat my last time, I shifted 1-2 at like 4500.

12.99 @ 103? Guaranteed to beat a stock miata. :afrocool:
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

i'm going wednesday. not running anything. a few of my friends want some video so that's all i'm going to do. 12.9 is pretty quick still. the cobra has never been in the 12's. it's fastest i think is 13.3@118. it hasn't been ran in years though.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

From what you have heard about my car? Noone knows what it runs. Hell even I don't. Just people talking shit I presume that have no idea. I know what I have run against though. Not too worried about supercharged mustangs. If it did trap 118 it will probably be a good run. That is if you bring it out and I end up going.

Mustang isn't running? Or just hasn't been run down the track in years?

I dont' have one of those jobs where I am salaried and can cut out early just because I want to. So no, I can't cut out early.

Wonder why you don't want to bring the fiero out. lets represent with 2 quick fieros. Get some good video of some fieros busting up on some stangs and camaros.

I saw what you ran in your fiero with the blower problem and5-6 psi with nitrous. Quick yes, but I'm not too worried.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

well the motor is about 20 feet away from the car at the moment. it will take about another week to finish it. i might have put 400 miles on the cobra last year. just dont' drive it.

why don't you take it to the track and find out what it runs? when my car was running 15lbs it's trapped 103 in the 1/8th and a best of 123 in the 1/4. the 123 in the 1/4 was only a 99 1/8th.

if you want the fiero come to the track and get a time with it. i'll be ready in two weeks with the small setup.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Billybo455 wrote:
why don't you take it to the track and find out what it runs? when my car was running 15lbs it's trapped 103 in the 1/8th and a best of 123 in the 1/4. the 123 in the 1/4 was only a 99 1/8th.
you forgot to mention your 100 shot too.

you are putting a turbo on right or just going back to the SC again?

I will get to the track eventually. Not high on my priority list. Its a long drive. Some of us have jobs. Hell maybe you do now too, but I remember reading a while ago after you blew your motor how you had to find a job. Sorry if I don't have as much free time as you do.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Billybo455 wrote:

if you want the fiero come to the track and get a time with it. i'll be ready in two weeks with the small setup.
so you are willing to run me on the street with a supercharged mustang, but not with your fiero? why not?
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

i'll run either one. just figured it'd be better at the track. you could finally have your numbers. you spray to so what's the big deal?

the motor and tranny died in my car on the first 18 miles. so now i have an l32 long block and a fully built triple edge trans. just to clarify for you. i quit my job last september to put my car together. i still don't have a job. not working gives me plenty of time to do what i want usually.

so if a car is running 118 in the 1/4 nad it's a good race for you why don't you track you car? i've read posts from well over a year ago saying you donj't have time. you haven't found time in over a year to take a day and go to the track? they do it wed, fri, and one sunday a month.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

yes I use nitrous too, but I let people know when I do. I don't post numbers and leave that little tidbit out. You trapped 114 without the nitrous right?

Don't you live closer to Ocala? I would be going to gainsville. Its a much better track then Bithlo.

Knowing what other cars have run in the qtr mile that I have raced gives me an idea of what my car does in the qtr without having to actually go. Thats another reason why I am not in such a hurry to go. I have a good idea of what times I would turn if I did go. The idea of breaking too doesn't sit well either as I wouldnt' be trailoring my car like you do yours. it would be a long night getting it home. I don't feel like putting myself or my freinds through that crap.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
Knowing what other cars have run in the qtr mile that I have raced gives me an idea of what my car does in the qtr without having to actually go.
Only if they give you a thumbs up. :thumbleft:
:la:
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

everyone know's my setup. it's posted on youtube and Old Europe. if you want i'll drive my car to the track if you'd like. it hasn't broke yet. i've got tons of pass's on it and road racing on it. i would think that if my car was that fast i would want to get some real numbers to shut V8Archie up.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I will be out there tonight. Fuel slut 50 and orange ave

How will getting real numbers shut V8Archie up? How many 3800 cars are faster then anything he has built? Yet he still doesn't get it. He knows my car is faster then any of his shop cars.

If your car isn't broken then bring it out tonight and we can rep the fieros.