2 v8 fieros at the dragstrip.

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

2 v8 fieros at the dragstrip.

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Well in the "anyone in central fl want to race" thread that is now dead, billybo mentioned that 2 v8 fieros went to the dragstrip at bithlo a couple of week ago. this was on page 2 which can't be accessed for whatever reason now.

So anyways, we all know that one blew the diff at the starting line. This being italgt's tpi 350 car. So I asked billybo what the other one ran. He didn't know. Of course there were other members from Old Europe there to witness this. Someone has to know right? So what did it run?

It must not have been that steller otherwise there would have been a big uproar about it. I am guessing it did a high 13 or maybe even a low 14.

So who has this info and wants to share?
MstangsBware

Re: 2 v8 fieros at the dragstrip.

Post by MstangsBware »

Lets not get off the subject that was in the other Thread. What times does your car run? Is it even fast enough to beat a V-8 Fiero? You say that you run all these fast cars and beat them. From reading about your races, they are all done from a roll which is gay. You need to take the time off work, get a few V-8 Fieros together and head to the track. And hope while you are there you can back up all the smack you talk. I have a feeling once you run your car at the track you are going to feel like a V-8 Fiero at the dyno.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I am sorry I don't speak troll. Unless you have info regarding the other v8 fiero at the track, then I suggest you shut the fuck up and leave this thread.

Thanks
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:I am sorry I don't speak troll. Unless you have info regarding the other v8 fiero at the track, then I suggest you shut the fuck up and leave this thread.

Thanks
Damn-I see someone can talk some shit but cant handle it being dished back at them.

I do have some information about the 2 V-8s that where at the track. They arent scared to take there cars to the track and see what they will do unlike you. Face it man you are all talk and no show when it comes down to it. You talk down about V-8s all the time but your setup is no better when you get down to it.

Dont get me wrong, most the V-8 swaps out there are slow and not worth a shit. But when your setup is no better than you really dont have room to talk.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

i heard 13.5 with a 4 speed. i dont' know though.
my fiero is faster then yours. the end. except you fieroX :P
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

MstangsBware wrote:

Damn-I see someone can talk some shit but cant handle it being dished back at them.

I do have some information about the 2 V-8s that where at the track. They arent scared to take there cars to the track and see what they will do unlike you.
Can't take it? Bitch what did you dish out? You asked why I haven't taken it to the track. I told you. Page 74 paragraph 2 of the SBC v8 owners excuse book, "I didn't build a drag car". See it works just as good for me as it does for them. You can't dish shit out. Your shit is weak. Go back to trapping 111 mph in the qtr. Yea its quick but thats it. You aren't fast. Just like Oreif you are all launch which is directly attributed to your auto tranny. Wow congrats, you can launch but thats it. Its not fast. You wouldn't stand a chance down here in Florida on the street. A bone stock c5 zo6 would have no problem taking you to school. Hell a new c6 ls3 would have no problem either. There is a bone stock 08 sti here in orlando that you wouldn't be able to shake on the top end. That I find hilarious!!!!! I love how you are so obsessed with ET. ET doesn't mean shit on the street. TRAP SPEED is everything. You don't get that though because you are cro-magnon imbecile.
Dont get me wrong, most the V-8 swaps out there are slow and not worth a shit. But when your setup is no better than you really dont have room to talk.
Yep my setup is no better. Which is why no v8 fiero in central florida has accepted my offer to race. hmmm.

I think its funny, when you say my car is slow, but I am out racing 500 hp cars. Yea I sure am scared of mid to high 13's at a measly 103 mph. New accords run 106 in the qtr!! bwhahahaha You know what that means? It means most v8 fieros on the street would lose to a bone stock Accord!! Fucking hysterical. But yea my setup is no better.

Oh and I know you forgot but I raced a mid 12 second Regal with a fully built 355 and full drag slicks on the street from a dig. I pulled 2 cars from the launch on him and only lost because I missed 4th gear. First time we raced he jumped the start but I still ran him down on the top end. So hmm that sounds like a low to mid 12 second car to me and that was on my old setup! Go back to playing with the slow cars 'Beware. What I find funny is that when you get done with your v8 swap, its still going to be slower then your v6!! Bweahhahaha. But yea, I sure am scared of v8 fieros! YAWN!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Billybo455 wrote:i heard 13.5 with a 4 speed. i dont' know though.
"to go fast from 0-100 you need a v8" -V8Archie

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

actually i do believe that on fuelslut they said you were right with that stock vette.

quote from FS

"The Fiero isn't some end all be all car it just gets underestimated a lot and then surprises people."

that was from the camaro you rode up there with.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

why won't my thread open up now?
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

:bootyshake:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I didn't run the vette, but if I did I would expect to be right with it or slowly pull it. its not slow either. He said he ran a 12.2 at 116 when he took it to the track. Like I said before I wanted to go 3 wide with the vette and myws6 but didn't get lined up as I wasn't expecting them to race where they did. there was a curve coming up so I went to 5th gear and stayed ahead several cars. They took off and it was too late for me to do anything so I let them go.

I only raced myws6 and he gave me the jump. Not sure if the video will ever make it up. I have heard 500 hp and 500 tq from his setup off the bottle.

I have been trying to get the camaro to run me for some time now. He however has had some oil pump issues so he has been reluctant to run as of late which is understandable. He has full intake mods, long tube headers, tranny with a stall and a 100 shot of nitrous. still haven't been able to set that up yet. He dynoed around 450 whp. But yea, according to mustangsbware, my car is slow.

Don't know why your thread is fubard. I am guessing God made a post with a link or something and it screwed up the page. its a fix that needs to be made in the software to keep that from happening.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
Don't know why your thread is fubard. I am guessing God made a post with a link or something and it screwed up the page. its a fix that needs to be made in the software to keep that from happening.
More than likely, although I don't remember seeing any special characters in the links I posted. Oh well.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Oh, but as far as being fast goes, it's all relative.

Yeah, there are tons of cars out there pushing sick amounts of whp. They are fast on the highway, much faster than myself I'm sure. I've been pulled pretty hard a few times. So from a roll, those cars are faster.

But at the track, I run the lower e.t. So at the track, I am the faster one. The nice thing about the track is that the distance and the start speed are constant. You can compare those numbers from time-to-time and track-to-track with much less variance than "pulling two cars from a 30-roll up to 110" Track times are much more quantifiable than that.

Plus, going from a roll produces way too many different results. I've seen more than a few times a pretty big change in going from a 20-roll and then going from a 60-roll.

And around here, most street races are from a stop anyways, so my car is still all-launch and I hold my own. But I don't really use those races to compare anything. If I get to talk to the guy, I'll ask him if he's been to the track and has times for it. I find that much easier to know where I stand.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Last year my GTR was all launch. I was cutting a 1.8 60' on a cold slippery track but only managing a 102mph trap.
CincinnatiFiero

Re: 2 v8 fieros at the dragstrip.

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

MstangsBware wrote:Lets not get off the subject

...? :scratch:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Nothing's wrong with being all launch... Nothing's wrong with being all top end either. They both have their advantages and give you some strong points to leverage when you're racing your vehicle. They're just different characteristics.

Of course, to go really fast, you need a good launch AND a lot of top end.

Levi, maybe you could build a front diff ejector into your Skyline so you could get rid of the extra weight and driveline loss once you got rolling.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

all the data i found on the new accords show a 100.9-101 mph in the 1/4 for the v6. the 4 bangers are in the 80's.

so is my car all launch if i can trap 103 in the 1/8th?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Motortrend did a test on this link here and they tested it at a 14.0 at 102.5 bone stock!!!

So I was off by a couple mph. I think teh mag I read said 103-104 area. I just remember it being faster then the new evo for mph and it made me laugh.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/cou ... tions.html

Either way drcpu with a turnkey built car by V8Archie did a 13.8X at like 103 mph. HORRIBLE. A new v6 accord right off the showroom floor would give him a run for his money from a dig, or even from a roll. Thats hilarious.

And no trapping 99-103 in the 1/8th is not slow, and its obvious with your tranny you can launch hard too without fear of breaking. So no yours is not all launch. 13.0 at 100 is all launch though. Same with 12.0 at 111. Seriously take the launch out of it and you would lose to a c5 z06 bone stock!!! And whose is still stock now a days? Getting my drift people?

There is nothing wrong with going from a dig. its just not the racing style down here though. The cars down here make so much power, its not safe to race on the street. 500 hp is the norm down here. Now I know all you fiero guys are so used to driving 500 hp cars they are very easy to launch and control, but not everyone is so skilled like yourselves

So it goes to the highway where there are no cross streets and minimal traffic. Stopping is not smart on the freeway obviously so roll on races is what happens. If you want to argue that this type of racing is not true drag racing then thats fine. I don't care. It is a form of racing though and the car with more top end is going to win plain and simple. HP wins here. trap speeds win here. NOT ET. Noone is going to ask you what your et is, they are going to ask what mph you run.

Now mustangbware wants to open his big trap and act all cool and thats fine. But down here, he wouldn't get much racing in because running 111 down here isn't impressive. He would probably get some races against some hondas or something on very low boost. Or a bolt on neon or something. Dime a dozen. Not much to brag about beating there.

So I know my car is slow and all because bware says so. I know racing 500 hp cars is so commonplace in the fiero world that its not really a big deal. Bring your car down here bware so I can get you on tape losing to a bolt on neon.

And I am sure V8Archie with his whopping 230 whp 377 cubic inch motor would have no problem going up against a 500 hp car either. HAHAha , he wouldnt' even race a 300 hp 4 banger in daytona 2 years ago with his almighty ls1 car!!! bwhahahahah

But yea I am scared of those v8 fieros and my car is just as slow and probably slower because it doesnt' have 8 cylinders.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

I don't think going from a roll is any less of racing. I do it too. Hell, I just recently got smoked by my friends MKI GTI with a 1.8t swap and GT28R. Then we went from a dig and he didn't get past me till 110-115.

Where the problem with going from a roll is it doesn't really tell me a whole lot about my performance level. It tells me that I can beat xxx car and he supposedly dynoed at 400whp. That doesn't tell me much. So by that, I should be able to beat any car that dynos 400whp? Yeah, except when that 300whp CRX blows my doors off.

So yeah, besides being able to beat that particular car you ran, I really don't know anything more about your car. I can't go drive to Florida and run that car to see what I can do.

Now if you had dyno numbers, and a 1/4 mile timeslip, then yeah, I would know where I stand. Even if we both ran 13.0's and I trapped 106, and you trapped 114 I know your car is putting down more hp and that I would lose on a roll.

Using other people's performance numbers to quantify the performance of your car is like when V8 owners cite hp numbers from someone with the same setup.

I don't like bullshit V8 numbers anymore than you do, but for the amount of energy and effort you put into calling them out for timeslips and dyno numbers, you shouldn't be shocked that people would ask the same of you.
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
MstangsBware wrote:

I do have some information about the 2 V-8s that where at the track. They arent scared to take there cars to the track and see what they will do unlike you.
Can't take it? Bitch what did you dish out? You asked why I haven't taken it to the track. I told you. Page 74 paragraph 2 of the SBC v8 owners excuse book, "I didn't build a drag car". See it works just as good for me as it does for them. You can't dish shit out. Your shit is weak. Go back to trapping 111 mph in the qtr. Yea its quick but thats it. You aren't fast. Just like Oreif you are all launch which is directly attributed to your auto tranny. Wow congrats, you can launch but thats it. Its not fast. You wouldn't stand a chance down here in Florida on the street. A bone stock c5 zo6 would have no problem taking you to school. Hell a new c6 ls3 would have no problem either. There is a bone stock 08 sti here in orlando that you wouldn't be able to shake on the top end. That I find hilarious!!!!! I love how you are so obsessed with ET. ET doesn't mean shit on the street. TRAP SPEED is everything. You don't get that though because you are cro-magnon imbecile.
Yep my setup is no better. Which is why no v8 fiero in central florida has accepted my offer to race. hmmm.

I think its funny, when you say my car is slow, but I am out racing 500 hp cars. Yea I sure am scared of mid to high 13's at a measly 103 mph. New accords run 106 in the qtr!! bwhahahaha You know what that means? It means most v8 fieros on the street would lose to a bone stock Accord!! Fucking hysterical. But yea my setup is no better.

Oh and I know you forgot but I raced a mid 12 second Regal with a fully built 355 and full drag slicks on the street from a dig. I pulled 2 cars from the launch on him and only lost because I missed 4th gear. First time we raced he jumped the start but I still ran him down on the top end. So hmm that sounds like a low to mid 12 second car to me and that was on my old setup! Go back to playing with the slow cars 'Beware. What I find funny is that when you get done with your v8 swap, its still going to be slower then your v6!! Bweahhahaha. But yea, I sure am scared of v8 fieros! YAWN!

Well I quit reading the shit spewing out your mouth and onto your keyboard about half way thru being you are an idoit and it shows. You are comparing my 5K car to cars that cost 20K plus/more and thats is supposed to be a big suprise? I might not be faster that 40K Corvettes but I can tell you one thing forsure:

My car is faster than your weak ass shit and you are on a double power adder. Hell if I hit my setup with a 100 shot then I am right there with those 40K Corvettes for $300 added to my setup.

You can say my car is all lauch and its weak but top but the fact is:

It is still faster than your POS!!!!!

If you think your car is faster then take it to the track and prove it. Running fast cars from a roll doesnt mean shit.

My current 3800SC setup is faster than your POS and when my LS4 is done it will be faster than your POS. Hell it will be faster than your shit when it still stock.

Face it--You are all talk and no show--Street racing fast cars from a roll doesnt mean shit.