2 v8 fieros at the dragstrip.

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Kohburn wrote: HP doesn't break transmissions, torque and shock loading does. solid mounting the trans does, abuse does. there are high HP imports with weaker transmissions still making it down the track because they use low mass flywheels and low torque revving motors.

using a 30lb flywheel and slamming gears breaks shit even with low HP engines.
I was going to say the same thing in my post but I shortened it up to what ti is above. Crazy!! But its true.

My 3.4 off boost makes the same tq as a n/a 3.4.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

It's fucking amazing how jacked up the Fiero community is. I cannot believe all the lying and BS'ing about power levels that goes on and how it's tolerated. It's truly embarassing.

V8's, V6's, whatever. Spend a little bit of money (I know that's like asking for a first-born from most Fiero-owners), get it on a dyno, or go to a track. God forbid you actually learn what your car is doing, and what kind of power it's making. It's not that hard.

And if you don't want to do that, the STFU about your claims. If somone asks you what kind of power it puts out or what kind of times do you run, it isn't hard to say "I don't know".
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

:withstupid:

ha ha

i don't have a blower anymore. i've got two turbo's. one for road racing and one for drag. i don't think you're 3.4 can compare to my l32 either. your trans will eat less power, but i've got that all mighty "launch" that us auto's only have. oh well. i bought a new toy tonight so the fiero might be another week or two.

bone stock 49k miles. guy made me a deal i couldnt refuse.

my fiero is faster then yours. the end. except you fieroX :P
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

Let us know when you pull out that stock block and it has a GT47-88 on it.

I don't like your sig btw, its very cocky. Its certainly not incorrect, but it tempts me as a challenge. It will be funny when my fiero is faster than yours, with a 5speed to boot.. :la: ;)
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

If I am not mistaken none of your shit is on yuor car yet. Feel free to post some build pics. Feel free to start a new thread with your progress. I am sure everyone here would like to see it.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

i don't like build threads. to many of them. i don't slack when i change things. it only took me 3 weeks to go from stock fiero to corvette brakes, all poly bushings, kyb's, eibachs, and to do the whole 3800sc. the only reason this is taking longer then it should is because i'm going to attempt a home made intake manifold if time is permitting.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

cool. Can't wait to see when its done. Share pics then? Should be fast.
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

lol - racing from a roll....lol - yes - completely fun - but - wheres the finish line?

it is 100% fun - it means NOTHING. a 3rd gear blast. or however you are geared. yes ... a 1 gear run - wow.....

to be anything other than playing around - there needs to be a start & a finish point. reproducable.

but - again - not saying it aint fun. not saying you cant "beat" somebody. but - just to let ya know - you dont know if you are actually accomplishing anything until you put yourself on a actual benchmark for comparison. until then - you are spouting nonsense.
might as well brag about how many jugs of water you can pull down the street. who the fuck cares? drop the $20 at the strip, and show us a little something. see where you really stack up.

maybe you should develop a new type of drag. this can easily be done with modern cars - a christmas tree controlled "roll" which monitors the appraoch speed, and transmits a timing advance/retard to maintain a pre-defined roll.
lol - picturing trying to run this circus.....

but - wtf - drifting is just as ridicolous....
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Its obvious you don't get it. Most races last longer then just one gear. I could sit here and educate you on how it works, but it would be a complete waste of my time.
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

:thumbleft:
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Racing light to light proves little about a cars HP.. Correct me if I am wrong ,but in the 80's the Fiero was within the top 5 cars 0-30mph in the world.

Now a toyota Camry would give a Fiero a beat down (traps almost 100)

Look at the STi , from 0-60 it can hold it's own with the best of the best... From 40 to 100Mph it gets its ass handed to it by cars slower to 60mph.

So many factors and BS are taken out of the equation when you go from a roll... namely BS like (I didn't want to break my tranny ,I got bad traction...ect)

You know , all the excuses most Fiero people make.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

i love the fiero community.

btw on the guy who said something about my sig. prove it! :bootyshake:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Pyrthian wrote:to be anything other than playing around - there needs to be a start & a finish point. reproducable.
I was racing a cam/exhaust LS1 SS once... we were having a night of it; he'd miss a gear, I'd miss a gear the next round, he blew the launch, etc.

We finally decided that we'd go from a dead stop "until we knew who was faster". That was quite a race.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

THE PUNISHER wrote:So many factors and BS are taken out of the equation when you go from a roll... namely BS like (I didn't want to break my tranny ,I got bad traction...ect)

And then you replace that bs with "I missed a shift" "i didn't start in the right gear" "you jumped early" "is it on three beeps? Or three beeps then go?"

Going from a roll can show who has more power than going from stoplight to stoplight will. But the mph on a timeslip shows that too, and with better accuracy.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Pyrthian wrote:to be anything other than playing around - there needs to be a start & a finish point. reproducable.
I was racing a cam/exhaust LS1 SS once... we were having a night of it; he'd miss a gear, I'd miss a gear the next round, he blew the launch, etc.

We finally decided that we'd go from a dead stop "until we knew who was faster". That was quite a race.
well - who was faster? or - was it who backed off first, because it was getting crazy?

1/4 mile. its a fine standard. covers many bases. and, your boldness with the saftey of you and the public is NOT one of them. but, if ya wanna post up freeway playtime stories, like Cali does - feel free - we do enjoy them. but - just remember they are what they are.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

is the video still out there Will?
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

i like videos....
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Never was a good video of the SS races, but there was a video of Z32 300ZX and Foxstang kills.

I have them on the HD... They were on Youtube, but I haven't checked to see if it's still there in quite a while.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

check!
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Billybo455 wrote:i love the fiero community.

btw on the guy who said something about my sig. prove it! :bootyshake:
Have you seen Johnnys car?