2 v8 fieros at the dragstrip.

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

have you seen my car?
my fiero is faster then yours. the end. except you fieroX :P
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

If you car is in pieces, my car will drive circles around it.
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

THE PUNISHER wrote:Racing light to light proves little about a cars HP.. Correct me if I am wrong ,but in the 80's the Fiero was within the top 5 cars 0-30mph in the world.

Now a toyota Camry would give a Fiero a beat down (traps almost 100)

Look at the STi , from 0-60 it can hold it's own with the best of the best... From 40 to 100Mph it gets its ass handed to it by cars slower to 60mph.
Comparing a Fiero to a new Camry just doesnt work being there is a 20 year differance in the cars. Compare a Camary to a Fiero back in 88 and who comes out on top?

Speaking of STIs, I raced one at the track last time I was there. Looked like a nice new car that was still stock. I was in my modded 3800SC and drug his ass all the way down the track. This was a 30K car against a 5K Fiero that is 20 years old.

If you wanna talk smack then you have to be able to back it up. You cant talk shit about one group of people and then be the same way.
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:
Billybo455 wrote:i love the fiero community.

btw on the guy who said something about my sig. prove it! :bootyshake:
Have you seen Johnnys car?
JNs car is going to be fast but this guy has already went 11.3 in a very short period of time being in the 3800 world. Its obvious that he has more money and time to devote to his car so its going to be a hard car to beat. But its not about who is going to be faster if you are enjoying the car and how it performs. Just be able to back up your statments..
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

MstangsBware wrote: Comparing a Fiero to a new Camry just doesnt work being there is a 20 year differance in the cars. Compare a Camary to a Fiero back in 88 and who comes out on top?
Your point is moot. Both cars are driving on the same roads today, regardless of when they were made. We're not living in the 80's. If a camry does 100 mph trap speed today, 100 mph trap is just not fast anymore, regardless of when the car you're driving was made.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Billybo455 wrote:have you seen my car?
I don't think I have.

I'm not sure I know who you are. Should I? :scratch: (I don't mean that as a slam. Just not sure if I already know anything about the car and just aren't putting it with the screenname.)
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

i wouldn't expect you to know who i am. i'm a new guy in the fiero world.

here's the old setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nni_20nyXwM

yes anyone on foot right now is faster then my car. once i said i going to drag my car it only took me 3 weeks to be the fastest transverse mounted car on Old Europe.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

MstangsBware wrote:
Comparing a Fiero to a new Camry just doesnt work being there is a 20 year differance in the cars. Compare a Camary to a Fiero back in 88 and who comes out on top?
Bqwhahahah I love how fiero owners always throw out the 20 eyar old car bit. YOU make no sense. All you do is try to compare your cars to newer cars, but when you can't you go back to claiming its 20 years old and to compare it to anotehr car 20 years ago!!

Quit living in the past you dumbass. If you want to try to compare fieros to newer cars of today, then you can't pick and choose your own battles.

If a new camry owner beat a fiero I am sure the camry owner wouldnt' think twice of it and say, oh I beat some old piece of junk 20 year old fiero. He woudlnt' think, oh man if the fiero was 20 years newer I bet he would of beat me.

Get the fuck out of here bware.

Its called technology and you have to make improvements on old cars to make them compete with newer cars. Thats just the way it is. You can't choose when you want to compare the technologies.

You know you might have beaten a bone stock STI but at the end of the day he drove home in an STI and NOT a fiero like yours. I am sure it was an amatuer driver, not to mention bone stock sti's have to be driven hard to get the most out of them. Who after spending $30k would do that? And you have an automatic? Wow dude congrats you put your foot down and thats it. Tough job you have there.

Wow its 5k dollars in your fiero. Good for you. The STI has a back seat and a trunk, all wheel drive, better brakes, better suspension, better handling to boot.

At the end of the day you drove home in a 20 year old car with 20 year old technology if not older. He drove home in a top of the line car of today who obviously has more money then you as well. What would your excuse have been if he beat you? I am sure you would say soemthing along the lines of how your car is 20 years old and that it would beat a 20 year old subaru. Bwahhahahah pussy.
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
MstangsBware wrote:
Bqwhahahah I love how fiero owners always throw out the 20 eyar old car bit. YOU make no sense. All you do is try to compare your cars to newer cars, but when you can't you go back to claiming its 20 years old and to compare it to anotehr car 20 years ago!!

Quit living in the past you dumbass. If you want to try to compare fieros to newer cars of today, then you can't pick and choose your own battles.

If a new camry owner beat a fiero I am sure the camry owner wouldnt' think twice of it and say, oh I beat some old peice of junk 20 year old fiero. He woudlnt' think, oh man if the fiero was 20 years newer I bet he would of beat me.

Get the fuck out of here bware.

Its called technology and you have to make improvements on old cars to make them compete with newer cars. Thats just the way it is. You can't choose when you want to compare the technologies.

You know you might have beaten a bone stock STI but at the end of the day he drove home in an STI and NOT a fiero like yours. I am sure it was an amatuer driver, not to mention bone stock sti's have to be driven hard to get the most out of them. Who after spending $30k would do that? And you have an automatic? Wow dude congrats you put your foot down and thats it. Tough job you have there.

Wow its 5k dollars in your fiero. Good for you. The STI has a back seat and a trunk, all wheel drive, better brakes, better suspension, better handling to boot.

At the end of the day you drove home in a 20 year old car with 20 year old technology if not older. He drove home in a top of the line car of today who obviously has more money then you as well. What would your excuse have been if he beat you? I am sure you would say soemthing along the lines of how your car is 20 years old and that it would beat a 20 year old subaru. Bwahhahahah pussy.
All that shit spewing out your mouth again and when it all comes down to it. My car is still faster than yours and always will be. Well unless you save up $20 and make it to the track and see what you can actually run. Which from all the excuses you keep throwing out there, its not going to happen.

It doesnt matter what that STI was thinking on the way to the house. I know what he knew though---I just got my ass handed to me by a 20 year old, multi-colored Fiero. And not by a small margin but by a few lengths.

FACE IT__YOU TALK THE TALK BUT CANT BACK IT UP!!!!!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

you beat a bone stock sti in teh qtr mile by only a few lengths? Bwahhaha jesus your car is slow.
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:you beat a bone stock sti in teh qtr mile by only a few lengths? Bwahhaha jesus your car is slow.
I may be LSOW but its still FASTER than your SHIT!!!!!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Umm I am going to disagree. You aren't faster then me. Later slowpoke
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Umm I am going to disagree. You aren't faster then me. Later slowpoke

Until you show PROOF--You be SLOW!!!!!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

you showed proof, proving you are slow.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

MstangsBware wrote:
Shaun41178(2) wrote:you beat a bone stock sti in teh qtr mile by only a few lengths? Bwahhaha jesus your car is slow.
I may be LSOW but its still FASTER than your SHIT!!!!!
U beat a bone stock STi By only a few lengths ..

your car is slow

and before you say I am talking smack , I worked for Subaru for 4 years and had many a Sti Demo. (forester turbo , legacy ect...)

You are running low 13's @ best Maybe a high 12.

A Fiero will NEVER have the capabilities of an STi , 20 years old or not ..most of you fucktards swap on brakes, engines and do medicore mods to the cars and claim supercar status ..when it's just a cobbled together POS

You're just sad Buddy..
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

THE PUNISHER wrote:.....most of you fucktards swap on brakes, engines and do medicore mods to the cars and claim supercar status ..when it's just a cobbled together POS

You're just sad Buddy..

:thumbleft:

knowing is half the battle

I might break 15 in the 1/4 this year...bwahahaha....and guess what? I'll be way happy with that
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

my car won't move and still smells like burnt oil 2 years later.

but it looks fuckin good..and it is parked slightly ahead of the porsche in the garage , so I tell people I beat a porsche by a 1/2 car...
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

THE PUNISHER wrote: A Fiero will NEVER have the capabilities of an STi , 20 years old or not ..most of you fucktards swap on brakes, engines and do medicore mods to the cars and claim supercar status ..when it's just a cobbled together POS
've done a lot of mods to my fiero might come close to my stock GTR's performance, except in handling which IMO isn't even close. My fiero is hardly "cobbled together" but I also know what it is and what it isn't. It's a fun car to toss around and it goes pretty good, but I won't be winning any auto x, drag race or road course competitions.

Only way I could see a fiero becoming a competant car is to get a full HMS suspension refit, large brakes with a proportioning valve, solid mount cradle and stiff suspension bushings, etc. You would need to spend big coin to get a fiero to handle close to what most modern sports cars can do. I'm not just talking cornering Gs, you need predictability and a car that responds well. Need to be able to make changes, like camber adjustment to fine tune the handling.

Even after all that is done you will have a rough riding fiero that still creaks going over uneven surfaces. Not sure why I like the fiero, must be its looks. :dontknow: