Had a work on Fiero long weekend.

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

befarrer

Had a work on Fiero long weekend.

Post by befarrer »

I went helped a friend install a motor in his Fiero, it is a bored out and stroked 2.8L (around 3.3L now I think), he bought it off of a local member. This was my first V6 Fiero that I worked on, and my First Fiero with A/C, and that A/C compressor is a big pain in the ass if you leave the hoses connected and the compressor in the engine bay. I also got a new job out of the deal, since my friend and the owner of the cabin I was at are starting up a new company that does pre-made walls for buildings.

The cabin I worked at was very remote, nearest house was 1 mile away, through solid trees. I could not hear another vehicle all weekend. The cabin is even solar powered, with a backup generator.

Here are some pics my friend took on monday. My Fiero is the black/blue one, the one with the new motor is the maroon one. It is an 87 GT, with every option but leather, even has A/C (which works) and performance sound with the sub.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/befarrer/Bonnie/
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Good you got a job out of the deal but you could have been here dringking beer, eating pizza and getting your ass kicked at Halo3.

Sounds like you have a good time. :thumbup:
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

I would have come over, but you are on the opposite side of the province, 450Km away. Another weekend.

I checked my fuel mileage on the way home, and I only got 37MPG doing 120KM/h. But my trunk was stuffed with clothes, my tools, and golf clubs, I had me and my friend in the car, and a hydraulic jack in the front.