crotch rocket raced a ferrari the other day

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

KissMySSFiero

crotch rocket raced a ferrari the other day

Post by KissMySSFiero »

The other day I see a yellow ferrari pulling out of a parking lot in my town. I'm with my girlfriend and I slow down to watch it drive by. Of course she just rolled her eyes. I turn onto my street and the Ferrari is coming in my direction. and a crotch rocket too. Then they both open up and fly by going about 60(30mph zone)

Maybe not much of a race, but cool to see none the less. And the sound. OH IT WAS GREAT.

My gf did like the race. She would rather drive the crotch rocket than the ferrari though. I'd take the ferrari. mmmmm

thats my story. A couple of chickens were crossing the road and were hit. But it wasn't my fault.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

chicks dig crotch rockets

just tell em you got a rocket in your pocket
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

It is pretty trick when you can keep up with a crotch rocket in a car, the look on the biker's face is priceless.

When I was out in San Diego, I had to take our SL65 up to the dealer where it was bought for a tailight replacement ($6000, but under warranty of course), and I got the chance to play with a GSXR 750 on the way up. It was about 8:00am, so still pretty cool outside, and the 65 was running decent boost with little knock, 21psi (max 26). Normally, middle of the daytime, it'd run around 16psi, and have a lot of knock retard. So it was running pretty quick!

Anyways, I had the autopilot (Call it cruise control, if you want, but it is in a whole other class), at 96mph, and the bike was going about 90. So I go into the left lane to pass, and I see him start trying to find a gear. My foot went right to the floor. We were side by side up to 155, where the AMG hits the speed limiter (Which we removed a few days later btw, to the tune of $4000). He looked over, and kept staring! The 2 door 2 seater comes in 4 configurations, Sl500 (V8 300hp), SL55 AMG (V8 493hp), SL600 (V12), and SL65 AMG (V12 604hp/738tq). So we had the super rare, highest performance 65. The dealer we bough it from is the second biggest dealer in CA, and will only got 2 SL65s, both of which were sold over a year prior to them getting them. Well point is, the 65s look nvery similiar to the SL500, SL55, and SL600. They are all very close, with only minor body differences. He was quite surprised, let's just say that! I think he was expecting the run of the mill 500 or 600, which he would have walked. Yah, he didn't see that coming. He gave me the thunb's up, which I returned, and he exited a mile or 2 later.

I would give my life to have a video camera that day.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

That would have been sweet to witness that ferrari and bike.

Any idea what kind of ferrari?

Possible to find a pic of one online?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

That is what I like best about Ferrari's, that sound! Their motors just get this ultra smooth, high pitched, high RPM scream as a result of the small displacement, small stroke, high compression, high revving, and an ultra light valvetrain. They are just so tuned for that upper RPM, that they literally sing. I LOVE IT!!!

If you havn't seen the dyno of the Honda IRL V8 motors, they sound the same way. I am edikted to it, and pray every night that my 3.4 can someday sound like that (Though it won't).
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Aaron wrote:I am edikted to it
edikted? dude - I'm no spelling ace but wow :la:

addicted
KissMySSFiero

Post by KissMySSFiero »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:That would have been sweet to witness that ferrari and bike.

Any idea what kind of ferrari?

Possible to find a pic of one online?
Ferrari 360 Modena. It was even this same yellow.

I edikted to these exotic cars. :la:
I saw the car again yesterday heading the opposite direction on a 4 lane hwy. This is about the 5th time I've seen it this summer. I've alse seen a black convert'. I don't know the model and its been so long since I've seen it. I live in an area with a lot of rich Doctors and lawyers that work in chicago. Fuckers. I'm jealous.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

KissMySSFiero

Post by KissMySSFiero »

yep, that was the sound. If it was a chick that looked like that, my GF would have slapped me for drooling.

But since it was just a car with a guy and a crotch rocket. The drooling was okay.

that video kicks ass. I saw it from another post you made.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Kohburn wrote:
Aaron wrote:I am edikted to it
edikted? dude - I'm no spelling ace but wow :la:

addicted
Yah I know, I used to play in a Half Life clan whose name was EdiKTeD, and got used to spelling it that way :bootyshake:
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I like the part where she has large breasts.
KissMySSFiero wrote:I saw it from another post you made.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I was less impressed with the girls looks as I was with her ability to wind that bitch out. Plus her heal-toe downshifting was sweet. That owned me. Any chick that can do that gets a thumbs up from me. Her being hot just makes it that much better I guess.
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

Yeah that was hot...
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:I was less impressed with the girls looks as I was with her ability to wind that bitch out. Plus her heal-toe downshifting was sweet. That owned me. Any chick that can do that gets a thumbs up from me. Her being hot just makes it that much better I guess.
I thought she was just another bimbo untill she started driving and I was like :salute: :la: :3some:
KissMySSFiero

Post by KissMySSFiero »

Ironically, I saw the black one in my town yesterday. Must be the nice weather we've had for the past 6 weeks.

It was the same models. 360modena. Black convert. Too much traffic to hear him wind her up.

Aside from the rich doctors and lawyers in my town. We have more than our share of rednecks with obnoxiously loud 4x4 pickups with straight pipes. You can hear them over the ferrari.

Yeah, the chick was pretty hot. But I'd drive the ferrari before I took a drive on her.
Its not everyday You get to drive a ferrari. For me anyways.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Dammit, how do I save a streetfire video??? :la:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

you can't.

Well I think you can however it wont' be full quality, it will just be that little POS 2X3 inch square. So its pointless IMO.