Fiero musings....what to do.

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

donk_316
Booooooost

Fiero musings....what to do.

Post by donk_316 »

Well my Fiero needs nothing cept a little wiring love....Runs well...Looks good.

Im thinking of scraping the whole engine swap idea and buying a different project to play with.

Im thinking this: http://www.scimotors.com/skylines/ry001/ry001.html
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

AWD is sooo much fun

it just reduces milage a little
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

You will like the skyline, but why not a NEW WRX for not much more?
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Howard.
At one time i considered it. But they are pretty common around here and I want something different. Plus the potential of the Skyline RB engine seems to be alot higher than the WRX EJ(?) engines...anyways thats what it seems anyways.

I joined a WRX forum and alot of complaints about weak trannies and so on....But hey whatever.

Ive seen ONE Skyline in my travels... I want one also. That 4 wheel steering thing.... crazy....right hand drive....basic tuner upgrades takes you to 450hp....major upgrades....the sky is the limit.

Just to be clear....my Indy isnt for sale.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Just do something! DAMN!
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Your telling him to do something???

HAHAHAHAHA

"""Dood , I got a line on this (fill in the blank)__________ The car would be so kick ass (If I ever built it) I would run (Fill in ficticous 1/4 mile time______. First I would (Fill in far fetched dream) then I would probably put down (Fill in ultra High number for 2.8 shit motor) Then I would probably turbo it with a (Fill in mega buck turbo he will never buy) .... My car would kick your ass so hard...and everyone on Old Europe would suck my nutzzack , I hate 4.9's (Even though PBJ would whip my ass tractor motor or not)..

Ahhh Shaun..you make me laugh....

Asslicker.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

DO I know you?
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

"""Dood , I got a line on this Fiero. The car would be so kick ass. I would run 11s. First I would swap to a 4.9l then I would probably put down 12s. Then I would probably turbo it with a 1982 Saab 2.0l turbo, I've heard they are good, and I found one at a shop for $100. My car would kick your ass so hard...and everyone on Old Europe would suck my nutzzack , I hate good Chicken.

Like that?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I hear you. I was in a similar position and chose the subaru over something used and cooler. To each his own.

350 horse seems to be pretty safe on the 2.5L subaru motors and all AWD trannies can break when you abuse them.

The skylines are awesome cars.
donk_316 wrote:Howard.
At one time i considered it. But they are pretty common around here and I want something different. Plus the potential of the Skyline RB engine seems to be alot higher than the WRX EJ(?) engines...anyways thats what it seems anyways.

I joined a WRX forum and alot of complaints about weak trannies and so on....But hey whatever.

Ive seen ONE Skyline in my travels... I want one also. That 4 wheel steering thing.... crazy....right hand drive....basic tuner upgrades takes you to 450hp....major upgrades....the sky is the limit.

p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

3000gt awd, 4 wheel steer, 300hp stock major upgrades.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

p8ntman442 wrote:

3000gt awd, 4 wheel steer, 300hp stock major upgrades.
yeah but its a boat and known for tranny issues that are costly to repair
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

I agree. The Stealth/ 3000GT is hardly a comparison to a GTR
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

If you want cheap speed, get a 91 Talon TSI. I actually really considered buying a 99 Eclipse GST, sweet looking cars even stock.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Nope. Dont want one of those either. Im pretty much set on a Skyline unless a 93+ Supra comes up
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

You could contract me to drop Skyline drivetrain into E30 BMW 325iX... 4-500# lighter than the Skyline...
Fierocious

Post by Fierocious »

If you really just wanted the Rb. Find an older 240z, 70's style. The badass ones.
Theres a guy around here with one, Twin Turbo Rb25. Everything powdercoated. I coudln't believe it, its like it was out of magazine.
1988 Fiero GT
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:You could contract me to drop Skyline drivetrain into E30 BMW 325iX... 4-500# lighter than the Skyline...
now that'd be hot

someone dropped it into a 240 i think
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I've heard about that, but don't know what they did for front suspension/hubs, etc.