your ultimate Fiero. Spare no expense

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

your ultimate Fiero. Spare no expense

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Ok so everyone here has a budget of $15k.

What do you guys think would be needed to make these cars compete with real supercars. I am talking about z06's and Supras, SKylines, Murcielagos, Diablos, Enzos, F 40's, GT40's cars of that nature.

Of course its going to need a lot of suspension work, as well as brakes, and a stout drivetrain including tranny.

no cutting of the frame will be allowed as I dont' want people just mentioning throwing a viper engine in it or some off the wall Bupkis idea. Also no stretches or kit cars. Everything basically has to be bolted to the car using existing parts from GM's lineup or from aftermarket fiero venders.

Of course many of you wont' be able to do most of the work needed to complete your cars(where you live, experience,knowledge) so name the shop you would take it to to have them build it.

Must be fast in a straight line(11's in teh qtr at least) and over 1 g on the skidpad with ease and most likely need 500+ hp. Must have good emissions(so most likely fuel hog big blocks won't pass) and still be easy ingress and egress from vehicle. Must be accomplished on street tires.

Be thorough. List the parts you would use and why.

Make this a fun thread.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I thought of something similar actually. But I would leave the 4.9 in my front yard(which would be wherever I parked it last) instead of throwing it into the nearest retention pond.
Lex

Post by Lex »

15k? And I'd spend it on a Fiero!?!

:laughing: :rofl: :rotflmao:

But seriously, I don't know. 3800?
Ultimate 85
Location: Chained up & locked in a box. Sinking to the bottom of a lake

Post by Ultimate 85 »

I'd mount another 4.9 with a stock fiero 3 speed up front. It would have to carb'ed as well as you'd need a 4 year university degree to figure out how to wire up 8 injectors. Everyone knows carbs are technically superior & 1000x better than EFI anyway. Then I'd get Steve Kelly to totally pimp my ride with 1950's whitewalls, a shitty paintjob, custom paintbushed interior, and have his resident troll lay it all on the line with a nasty spread eagle hood shot for some 2$ snuff magazine photo shoot audition...

and then I'd burn the car & gouge my eyes out.
Last edited by Ultimate 85 on Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

lc3 running on more boost =500hp
my w41 getrag cryotreaded with apropriate clutch
tires and lightweight rims
personally engineered suspension to work properly.
Fill the frame with foam for stiffness
remove all body panels and pull molds and create carbon fiber panels.

6 pack miller high life, cans.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

You guys fucking crack me up.

Thanks to those posts, my night got 52x better!

Anyways, seriously, I'd do the first LT5 swap. From there, minor mods, but 405hp would be enough for 11s. I don't know enough about suspensions to say what I'd do, but it'd be an 88, with all poly bushings, and lowered 1.5". It'd also have a 2006 Z06 interior swapped in.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Goose

Post by The Goose »

I would go with something a little different I think. I would install a new VVT 2.8 out of a wrecked CTS to save cash. Install an upgraded transmission, and try to adopt some suspension parts from exisiting cars like Corvettes and so on.

I don't have the ability to build a super car out of a Fiero, I would end up fucking up somewhere along the line. But I am certain I could create "My" version of the 2005 Pontiac Fiero and put that Solstice to shame, all except the fact that my car weight a cunt hair under 3000 pounds.

Thats my 2 cents anyways.

This is Oversteer, but for some reason my account is all screwed up.
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

All of this would be assuming I had a shop and could find my donor car in my price range.

I would find a newer (totaled out and old enough to be in budget) 911 Carrera 4. I would take the gas tank out and make a custom one up front where the spare tire is. Take the entire powertrain (engine, trans, transfercase, front axle/diff, and all of the brakes) out of the porche and graft it into the Fiero, with custom suspension that would fit the porsche spindle design to the pontiac body (little bit of :afrocool: engineering). By then I would have a powerfull AWD car with excllent brakes and by then you could call it a my Porsche Fiero
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I think $15,000 on top of my car might be well spent.

The supercharged 3800 swap is in and reliable, a performance build up could eat up a good chunk of that budget. I understand upgraded superchargers aren't cheap, but the results would be worthwhile. So easily half the cash is gone already just bringing the horsepower up to the required numbers. I also think the CO2 chillers for the intake are titties, so I'd be ricey and do that too.

The remainder of the cash-
1 modify aerodynamics. All these jackasses spend time and money adding scoops and wings to the top of their cars, but dont pay attention to ground effect. I'm looking to install a full nose splitter underneath a chin spoiler. Doing a full belly pan would be pretty challenging, but getting the nose sucked down to the ground would help a lot. Then I want a wing off of a Noble GTO.

2 Brakes. http://www.heldmotorsports.com/brake12.htm

3 Front suspension http://www.heldmotorsports.com/slalomf.htm

That should just about tap me out.

That being said, I don't think I want a Fiero that can out drive anything on the road. I want a car that does one cool thing, goes 0-100-0 mph as fast as a race car. I'll save my high speed running for something with a longer wheelbase.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

N* with a full port job and chrfab's wild cams $8000
Cryotreat trani gears $1000?
Full HMS suspension $4000?
WCF 13" corvette brakes $2000

Should be good for 11s, not sure about the skidpad, and the 13" brakes would haul the fiero to a stop in no time.

Thats about $15k right there, and eventually I might have all of that.

Only thing I can't do is port heads, I'd send the heads off to Earlbag racing to get the heads done. I hear they are very reasonably priced.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I might take another approash as well, and go hog wild on a 2.8l. Aluminum block, aluminum Gen 3 heads FULLY p/p, custom ITB intake manifold, custom headers, WILD cam, and some potent lower end components.

It'd take a lot of money and work, but I think 400hp could be had with the help of some nitrous.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

We should also have reliability as a factor. A 400hp N* is going to outlast a 400hp 2.8 any day.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

crzyone wrote:We should also have reliability as a factor. A 400hp N* is going to outlast a 400hp Boat Anchor any day.
Yah I agree.

Unfortunately none of the motors I'd use have this as a strong point, whether it be a built 3.4 DOHC, a 2.8, or the LT5.

Maybe if I reinforced the oil cooler with 50 cent pieces...
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

LT5 would require cutting which is against the rules.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

crzyone wrote:LT5 would require cutting which is against the rules.
Do the ordinary SBC swaps require cutting?
Lex

Post by Lex »

Aaron wrote: Do the ordinary SBC swaps require cutting?
I think Archies do if you don't go with an electric water pump.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

The LT5 is physically huge, the heads wouldn't even fit in a fiero without cutting. It would hit firewall to trunk, I think.

The LT5 is also heavy, the N* is superior in pretty much every way except displacement wise.

Its intake might be better, it actually has 16 intake runners. A bit over kill....
KissMySSFiero

Post by KissMySSFiero »

Lex wrote:
Aaron wrote: Do the ordinary SBC swaps require cutting?
I think Archies do if you don't go with an electric water pump.
no frame cutting. At least not on mine.

I guess no one wants wheels and tires to fit over those big brakes.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

hmm - i'd start with a custom tube front crossmember to correct the frotn geometry as muhc as possible, reposition the rear inner tie rod end to fix the bumpstear like rcc does - only more sturdy(welded in)

you said no frame cutting so the NSX tranny swap is out.. I'd cryo treat a 4speed, do a custom LSD and weld a steel reinforcement cage around the tranny case - and mount it behind a turbo 3800 (or maybe a turbo northstar)

vette brake upgrade

make strut ataptors to make room for 335 wide rears, run some 245's up front (remember tube a-arms and coilovers give more room)

that about covers engine, transmission, suspension - other than the fine details like the engine build up

rest would go into some sound deadening of the interior, and a basic restoration to make it look good
Last edited by Kohburn on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.