HELP!!! please

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

slow'n'steady

HELP!!! please

Post by slow'n'steady »

ok i am still tryin to figure out what is going on with my duke. it had 0 compression on all for cylinders, so i replaced the HG, which did nothing. i heard all this talk about different length push rods and what not, so i took off all my push rods and got compression #s between 50-60 PSI on each cylinder.

now the head that is currently on it has the same exact rockers that my 1984 duke head has, arent they suppose to be different? arent they suppose to be roller rockers? i mean didnt the shorter rods only come in the cars with the roller rockers??

also my 84 head has the heart shaped chambers and my 87 head has the off axis oval shaped chambers, i heard the heart sheped ones are better, is this true?

and can i put the head/rockers/push rods from my 84 onto my 87 engine??
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

you guys can talk as much shit about Old Europe as you want, but ive already got 10+ replys over there :bootyshake:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Have those responses from OE told you waht the problem is and allowed you to fix it then?
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

Those compression numbers seem low still. Did you have the head milled before you reinstalled it? Did you check to see if it was warped?
Try placeing some oil in the cylinders about a cap full and then doing a compression check. If the numbers go up a lot it is most likely your rings.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

slow'n'steady wrote:you guys can talk as much shit about Old Europe as you want, but ive already got 10+ replys over there :bootyshake:
http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/067147.html

Actually I only count 5 replys, and three of them are your own, which means that there are actually only TWO replies to your problem. Here you have one reply. fiero.com ~11,500 members, RFT ~400 members, I'd say were doing just fine.

As for your issue, I don't reply because I don't have a clue. I've only owned an '88 duke and never had it apart. Not many people on this forum have a duke and it's hard to answer about something that you're not familiar with.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

so have you figured out the prob yet?
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

YEAH... I BOUGHT A FIERO!!!
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

slow'n'steady wrote:YEAH... I BOUGHT A FIERO!!!
I hate it when people blame the car when they should be blaming the previous owners, or even themselves.

That's why the 3.4l DOHC got such a bad name. If people would just change a timing belt once every 60k, and do oil changes, the motors run great and last a long time.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

slow'n'steady wrote:YEAH... I BOUGHT A FIERO!!!
I would say the problem is the owner and his lack of skills. Who said the problem was the head gasket to begin with? Sounds like you guessed at the problem and now finding out you guessed wrong.
Aaron

Re: This is a BLOG for fags.

Post by Aaron »

thefieroforum wrote: This is a BLOG for fags.
Well you registered and seem to be aptly posting, what does that say about you?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Shaun, I know I may have deserved a ban in the past, and you have been kind enough not to do it, but please, I think this deserves it. I'm sick of explaining to him that if this is a fag forum, and he is here, than he must be gay. He's too fucking stupid to put 2 and 2 together and get 4.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: This is a BLOG for fags.

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Aaron wrote:
thefieroforum wrote: This is a BLOG for fags.
Well you registered and seem to be aptly posting, what does that say about you?
This is the second time I've seen this quoted and have not seen the original in the same thread.

Where are you getting this from?

N/M... found it.

Why the hell are people quoting it in Tech?
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Aaron wrote:Shaun, I know I may have deserved a ban in the past, and you have been kind enough not to do it, but please, I think this deserves it. I'm sick of explaining to him that if this is a fag forum, and he is here, than he must be gay. He's too fucking stupid to put 2 and 2 together and get 4.
Ban for cross-quoting!