Got a new truck!

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Aluminum iirc.
CincinnatiFiero

Got the 5x7s and went ahead and put in the MB quart 5.25s for the time being without the tweeters. When I picked up the stock door speakers the whole surround crumbled through the basket into my hand... wonder why they rattled. WOW what a difference $36 in speakers makes. Sounds great, need to put in my newer headunit that puts out more power.
CincinnatiFiero

Pics!

What was under the rear grills

Comparo

Installed

What was up front, MB Quart on the left

Installed

Motor after a hosedown a week ago

Some scrubbing this week

Scrubbed out the white outline with some comet

Side shot

The interior of the beast

Calculated out the mileage... just under 15mpg combined... somethin ain't right... its rated at 15/20 from the factory.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

That ain't bad for a free truck... :thumbleft:
CincinnatiFiero

Not at all, I love it. Been hauling a fiero rear clip around for like 8 days now haha. Like having something in the bed. One of the tires seems low, I need to get on that. I dunno what else needs to be checked to keep the fuel economy up on these trucks. The plugs and wires looked newer, not sure about the cap and rotor. I did an air filter, seafoam, tb cleaing, and injector cleaner.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

i put a set of those wal mart speakers in my civic before i sold it. they sounded better then my expensive Boston speakers that i took out off head unit power! they're pretty good for the money.
CincinnatiFiero wrote:Got the 5x7s and went ahead and put in the MB quart 5.25s for the time being without the tweeters. When I picked up the stock door speakers the whole surround crumbled through the basket into my hand... wonder why they rattled. WOW what a difference $36 in speakers makes. Sounds great, need to put in my newer headunit that puts out more power.
CincinnatiFiero

My buddy put 6.5s in his jeep and they sounded pretty good too. I got MB Quart to mail me a new tweeter grill (from germany, so god knows when I'll get it) but when it comes in I think I will switch the MBs into the fiero and buy different 5.25s for the truck. Brand new pioneers are $26.00 shipped on ebay, and I liked the 6.5 pioneers i had in my legacy and I have their 4x6s in my fiero.
CincinnatiFiero

So my girlfriend says my truck smells like old people and won't ride in it. But I get to drive her A4 then :la: so while I am partially cool with that, the oldness is getting to me too. I vacuumed it all out pulled up all the mats etc. Lots of old leaves under the seats. I threw some dryer sheets in it (helped neutralize smell in my moldy 84 fiero). Anybody else got some anti-stink tricks?
CincinnatiFiero

Package arrived from Germany today!

The reason my MBs were so cheap, fixed for $0.00. Now I need to find a place to mount the crossovers.
CincinnatiFiero

So I've got 1,800 miles put on the truck so far. For some reason I find myself driving it all the time. I didn't put the tweeters in because I have a deal pending on another car that take 5.25s and it will become my DD and I already have subs for the new car so I want to transfer my DD system into the new car.
CincinnatiFiero

Today I put in my subs!

Power Acoustic 2400db amp
Pioneer Headunit
Rockford Fosgate RCAs
Stinger Wire
Fi SSD 12" subwoofers (2 please)
Team Toxic bass box
Kinetic HC1800 Battery

We put in the 15" Fi BTL but it was so huge in its box and so freaking heavy it kept pushing my seats forward in my extended cab. Pics later
CincinnatiFiero

Got about 4,200 miles on it so far.

Ram Air!

Did "ram air" new plugs and a new pcv valve and it feels a little peppier merging and the mpg seems to be up. So who knows, I just need decent highway mpg because its 30 miles on the highway to madess's house to pick up fiero parts and 30 miles back so 20mpg on the highway is all that matters.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Way late, but nice work on that engine compartment, it cleaned up real nice.
<Insert Sig Here>
CincinnatiFiero

Re: Got a new truck!

Update! Ish...

Went to take my truck to my buddies to pick up a trunk for the 87 and a tank for the 84. Got on the highway and she was pulling hard to the right. Also my cruise didn't work and she wouldn't go into overdrive. So I got off at the next exit (two exits off of 275 get to my house), as I make my way back to my house I smell a burning, not sure what it is was. Get to the next light and smoke is billowing from the passenger side front wheel well. Hmmm.... whats that? Next light, smoke is BAD. I am 1 mile from my house so I go for it. I make it home barely. My front brake is more or less on fire, 7 buckets of water later it's out. The wheel well was starting to burn in one spot. So today I am going to pull the wheel and look at the carnage. I know the water probably warped the rotor, but I park on grass and the plastic was beginning to burn, so I had to. Hopefully my wheel bearing makes it, I didn't hear clicking.
CincinnatiFiero

Yeah, pretty sure its the caliper, waiting on my dads dealer price on a new caliper and a full set of front pads, may as well.
CincinnatiFiero

Wholesale saved me a whole $3, so $38 later, here we are.

$25 for a caliper, $13 for all 4 pads, a loaded caliper was $67... I was confused.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

You know if you'd just stopped and let the brakes cool, you wouldn't have almost burned your truck to the ground...

Also, if that rotor has interesting metallurgical properties now thanks to impromptu heat treatment, you may need a new rotor AND new pads in a few thousand miles. The rotor can develop hard spots which leads to uneven wear and brake vibration.