Fixing the interior, etc.

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Starlite528

Fixing the interior, etc.

Post by Starlite528 »

It's been taking me a long time, due to a buildup of procrastination.

I bought fabric this week to make a new shifter boot (for the auto). I bought way more than I actually needed, enough for six or seven extra, I think.

I've also been gluing the center console vinyl back the way it's supposed to be. I cut out a lot of the old foam/glue from around the edges, and use the blue sill-sealer from Lowe's to fill the space, and Polyurethane glue.

I get the glue in, put some wax paper over it, put a strip of wood over that, and use clamps to hold it for the night. (The bag of assorted clamps that costs what, $14? from Lowe's.)

Broke some plastic, so I use parts of hacksaw blades and the PU glue to mend it.

Some pics:

How much extra fabric I got;

The old on top of the new;

Topside;

Some work on the center console; (before I found out about the waxpaper)

Image[/img]
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Wouldn't want us to see your LAUNDRY!!!!111

:thumbleft:
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

That second pic is making my eyes bug out, hows the glue working out so far?
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

Falcon4 wrote:Wouldn't want us to see your LAUNDRY!!!!111

:thumbleft:
LoL, why take focus away from what's really important?

The glue is working great so far. It's the stuff you get that you put in a caulking gun. "PL polyurethane premium construction adhesive" It comes in a yellow tube with a red stripe and a black top, UPC 0 51527 94910 5
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I have that stuff, its like $4.97 at lowes, I used it to fill in minor gaps when I shimmed motor mounts. Works great.