West Coast Fiero BBQ - October 4th - Tehachapi, CA

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

West Coast Fiero BBQ - October 4th - Tehachapi, CA

Post by Series8217 »

I just got off the phone with Chris West; we settled on a date for the WCF Fall BBQ.
WCF is having their Fall BBQ on Saturday, October 4th. As usual, it will start around 10AM. The BBQ will start out at the shop where everyone can check out the shop and look at the cool projects that are in progress. The BBQ will then move to Chris' house nearby in the late afternoon or evening. If you plan on arriving late and think you might miss the shop, call in the morning or afternoon (661-822-8111) or get in touch with a buddy so you can get directions.

This is taking place at WCF's new shop. It's much larger than the old one, has tons of space for projects, plentiful lighting, and no LA traffic! There are some great projects being worked on down at the shop right now, including a turbo Aurora V8 with an NSX transmission, a heavily modded Series III 3800SC, a turbo 3.4 DOHC, and an LS4.

The shop address is 20826 South Street, Tehachapi, CA 93561. If you need to call, the phone # is 661-822-8111.
Use this link for directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 8&t=h&z=17
Type your address where it says "A" then click on "Get Directions."

If you're not sure about going because its a long lonely drive for you, post a reply here so others know you're interested. There are usually NorCal and SoCal caravans to the BBQ.

See you all on Saturday the 4th!
Last edited by Series8217 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

I may have a prior commitment that day, but if not, I'd definitely like to come out.
<Insert Sig Here>
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Also, your link to Google Maps doesn't work.
<Insert Sig Here>
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I just might be able to make this. I am in testing for a couple jobs right now, but if I can get a week or two free, I may be in. Might be a good time to pickup coilovers too.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I wish I could attend. I have no trailer, no fuel money and no motel money in my budget. I'll catch you all next year. And if they rent a dragstrip, hopefully pass you all. Or break the Muncie.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Maybe you can carpool with someone.

Willow Springs is just over the hill. I'm hoping we can coordinate the next BBQ with a Sunday track day and make it a weekend event. There's a dragstrip in Bakersfield... but we have much more interest in the road course..
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Well, if anyone is passing through Salt Lake City, Utah, then maybe. Then I'd just have to find motel money and food money.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Whoops! I keep thinking you lived in Cali due to the smog discussion at the beginning of the 5.3 thread. My bad.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

It's been finalized. We're getting it. So much for registering my '84 Trans Am here with the 454 in it. But smog laws are off topic, so I'll stop here.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Already put in for the 4th off. I will be leaving Santa Clarita to head out there, if anybody wants to meet up let me know. I always take the backway through the canyons to Tehach that goes through the windmills, takes another 25 minutes off of the Mapquest route.
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Damn, if I wasn't moving in a week...
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

'Tis always better to ask forgivness than permission ;)

You have an entire week to make up for 1 singular lost day - not to mention that once you move, you will be infact MOVED and unable to attend

Besides, I wouldn't want you to vag out on us and not be there - no pussy-itis is allowed, they have a treatment for it however, I believe it invloves attending a BBQ and open house and consuming the local ale and mass quantities of steak
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Series8217 wrote:Maybe you can carpool with someone.

Willow Springs is just over the hill. I'm hoping we can coordinate the next BBQ with a Sunday track day and make it a weekend event. There's a dragstrip in Bakersfield... but we have much more interest in the road course..
shit, I didnt even think about that. I actually drive past the turn out to Willow Springs on my way out to the shop - that would be a kickass time!
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Looks like I can probably roll up from over here in West LA (old shop would've been waaaaay more convenient :thumbleft: ) I'll probably have to take off in the early afternoon, but I can probably make it up for at least some of it before I roll out.
<Insert Sig Here>
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Fastback86 wrote:Looks like I can probably roll up from over here in West LA (old shop would've been waaaaay more convenient :thumbleft: ) I'll probably have to take off in the early afternoon, but I can probably make it up for at least some of it before I roll out.
Fieros West is having a caravan up from the LA area. Check the BBQ thread on Old Europe for info. Last time they took 4 hours to get there though. They kept stopping along the way to look at each others' cars instead of waiting til they got there... wtf?
It's a 90 minute drive from Santa Monica.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Boscolingus wrote:'Tis always better to ask forgivness than permission ;)

You have an entire week to make up for 1 singular lost day - not to mention that once you move, you will be infact MOVED and unable to attend

Besides, I wouldn't want you to vag out on us and not be there - no pussy-itis is allowed, they have a treatment for it however, I believe it invloves attending a BBQ and open house and consuming the local ale and mass quantities of steak
Yeah too bad I'm leaving here on the 30th...also I don't think the forgiveness thing with fly with my gaining squadron. Wyoming here I come... :salute:
Unsafe At Any Speed

Atilla the Fun wrote:Well, if anyone is passing through Salt Lake City, Utah, then maybe. Then I'd just have to find motel money and food money.
I'll be heading through Salt Lake...going the wrong way though sorry. :thumbleft:
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:
Boscolingus wrote:'Tis always better to ask forgivness than permission ;)

Yeah too bad I'm leaving here on the 30th...also I don't think the forgiveness thing with fly with my gaining squadron. Wyoming here I come... :salute:
AH, I was thinking it was a wife/GF you had to contend with :salute:
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Just a reminder.. the BBQ is this coming Saturday.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

so what is the final count? Just me and Steve?