New Snail

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

New Snail

Post by AkursedX »

I got this from FieroX today. For those of you who don't know, FieroX is a Master Power Turbocharger dealer now and can get you a good price on them. These turbos are made in Brazil, come with a year warranty and I've seen some good reviews all over the internet about them.

It's a T61 P-Trim compressor with a .70 a/r and a T4 turbine with a .68 a/r and a v-band housing. Should be good for some pretty decent power. I also had the compressor coated in a candy red that will match the intake and valve covers that I'm getting done and the compressor has a black ceramic coating.

I just have to finish up porting my heads and then my car will be heading back down to Sinister Performance to have Darth Fiero convert her over to a turbo 3800.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

120 mph traps here you come.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

Neat!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one thats going to be running the Master Power brand... Heres to hoping they don't fail on us.. :)
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Jinxmutt wrote:Neat!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one thats going to be running the Master Power brand... Heres to hoping they don't fail on us.. :)
Well FieroX seems to have done ok with one. I'm hoping the we'll both have similar success.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Is FieroX a member of this forum? If so, he should make a post in the vendors section about the turbos with basic pricing and some product information.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

he is a member but doesnt' post often.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I wouldn't mind seeing some prices it may convince me to start collecting turbo parts.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

I bought my MasterPower T-70 for $585 shipped, for instance. I'm sure prices have gone up a few dollars but you should still be able to get the T-70 for under $600. I'm going to guess that the new T-76 would be about $700 and the smaller T61 style should be priced at about $625.

This just seems to be about the standard pricing on these. I don't know what FieroX charges but maybe he can get them to us for a bit cheaper.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

The price on mine was $590 plus shipping, plus coating. It came out to 7-something. Like $715.

I dropped FieroX a PM to post over here about his offerings.
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

Compressor is a bit smaller than I would like, but should be good for 10's without much issue. Got a compressor map laying around?

I went well off my compressor map when I had an issue with my wastegate, and I was a happy with how well it handled itself up in that RPM range.

For those ready to post "omg fierox barely runs 10s" obviously doesnt know how God and I roll when it comes to drag racing.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Guys, I just can't help finding it laughable when someone crafts a sentence with "drag racing" and "Fiero" in the same sentence. Is it just me?

I do not mean to flame, but it is an honest question. I picture Camaros, stangs, etc ( i.e. front engine/ rear wheel drive ) in my head when the word "drag racing" comes to mind, just not a Fiero.

Not to say that a Fiero can't by any means at all, it just seems that there would be platforms that are much more ready to go off the bat than a Fiero.
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I disagree.

Lightweight (By comparison), traction, and nearly any GM engine made to start with. Not a bad combo. The only downsides are transaxles (3800 guys have it figured out), axles, and the suspension (Which is fixable). So while it may not be a 7 second strip car, not a bad platform to start with at all.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Boscolingus wrote:Guys, I just can't help finding it laughable when someone crafts a sentence with "drag racing" and "Fiero" in the same sentence. Is it just me?

I do not mean to flame, but it is an honest question. I picture Camaros, stangs, etc ( i.e. front engine/ rear wheel drive ) in my head when the word "drag racing" comes to mind, just not a Fiero.

Not to say that a Fiero can't by any means at all, it just seems that there would be platforms that are much more ready to go off the bat than a Fiero.

Fieros hook on street tires the way 'Stangs and Cameroos hook on DR's or slicks. It's like AWD without the extra weight and parasitic loss.

Yeah, if you're talking about a back-halved 9 second ride it'll be pretty tough to see a Fiero competing with that... but it's also pretty tough to get a Camaro to that level, and there's not much left that's strictly Camaro when it does go that fast.

I think the parts and technology to run single digits with a Fiero is out there... It's just that people with the know-how and the knowledge gravitate toward musclecars because that particular problem has been solved.

If I lived in Texxxas and had $30K to drop on a drag racer, I just might back-half a Fiero, just to have something different.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Yeah, I guess I can kinda see that. My thinking was based around the limited transaxle. But if there are ways to go, such as ditching it all togather in favor of something that will actually hold togather, then maybe it isn't all that far fetched
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Didn't you work for WCF? :scratch: :thumbleft:
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

I see my Fiero pretty much as a street cruiser/ weekend dragger. I am far from an optimum drag setup as far as my suspension is concerned. When I go to the track, I drive there, drop the air pressure, an occaisionally I add some 100-octane. But for the most part, I just cruise around in it. It rides nice and I got rid of pretty much all the rattles.

I like it that way.

Besides the turbo, about the only other thing I will do next year performance-wise will be drag radials. I really don't want to run below an 11.5 anytime soon just so I can keep racing at the track. So a 11.51@121mph would be just fine by me :) But who knows what this thing will run when it's done. But you can be sure that there will be plenty of runs and a dyno sheet or two.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
I think the parts and technology to run single digits with a Fiero is out there... It's just that people with the know-how and the knowledge gravitate toward musclecars because that particular problem has been solved.
I sold my fiero because I had thoughts of putting another 10 grand into it. IMSA body, paint, built engine etc etc. Then I came to my senses and reminded myself that it's still a fiero which has next to no resale.

I had $20k into my car, including the car's purchase price and just sold it for $10k.

I wanted a car that is as fast around corners as it could be in a straight line. A fiero that is fast in a straight line (10 seconds) is likely going to have a manual transmission or a longitudinal drivetrain.

I agree with Boscolingus, the fiero doesn't make a good drag car. You have to sacrafice too much to make it "fast".
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

crzyone wrote: I had $20k into my car, including the car's purchase price and just sold it for $10k.
Which is why my wife has told me that I'm never allowed to sell my Fiero. I have probably close to 30k into my car throughout the years, and I'd probably have a hard time selling it for 8k. But then again, I never got into modding cars thinking that I would turn a profit off of it.

The only way I would get rid of my Fiero would be if I wrecked it. If the drivetrain was still good, I'd get a 3800 camaro and mod the piss out of that.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

God wrote:But then again, I never got into modding cars thinking that I would turn a profit off of it.
That is the biggest thing. Anyone who gets into modifying cars thinking they will profit, or at the least break even, is beyond delusional. It is a hobby, and it costs money, like any other hobby. And the people that do it for a living, don't do it as a hobby, don't enjoy it, and most struggle to stay afloat.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Didn't you work for WCF? :scratch: :thumbleft:
Yup, Chris West is my pops