84-87 Aluminum Cradle mounts

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

XzotikGT

84-87 Aluminum Cradle mounts

Post by XzotikGT »

I have a few of these sets already made, ready to ship. I am asking 85.00, and that includes USPS priority shipping in the U.S.
Canadian/international shipping PM me.
XzotikGT
1987 GT+1996 3.4 dohc+To4b+water injection
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Do they replace the steel shell that takes a shit like WCF's design, or do they simply slide in and replace the rubber like darrell morse/ rodney dickman design?
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

Replaces the rubber
XzotikGT
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I've ordered and installed the front two, and would highly recomment them. His quality is excellent, and he ships right away.
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

Thanks, glad you liked them.

I can make them to replace the steel sleeve, thats really no problem. I just made them to replace the rubber because my sleeves were good. I didnt know that was a problem.
XzotikGT
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Yeah, the problem is that the complete unit is only as strong as that thin wall sleeve. Even though it may appear to be a tight fit, after some time the gap between the sleeve and the Aluminum would begin to increase thereby making a bad situation even worse.

If you design them to replace the sleeve they will be going NOWHERE - friggen NOWHERE, where's this guy going... NOWHERE :)

But bare in mind your going to have a bunch of retard colapsing the steel together on the subframe when they beat them in with a hammer, instead of properly pressing them in using hardware to keep the subframe steel in place as you press in the aluminum
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I included pics, in my 5.3 thread, on how to do this right, at home, for nearly free. Anything ever starts loosening up, I'll get it welded. And tell everyone on here. But the fit was good and tight.
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

Well I know what you are talking about with the install part. I ordered a set of the WCF del-alum for the rear control arms. You have to use all the hard ware for those suckers for sure, or you will collapse the arm.

I can make piece to slide into the cotro; arm to make sure you dont screw up the frame too.
XzotikGT
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

I would, Chris supplies the hardware for the WCF versions in ordeer to ward off " Your parts bent my frame " phone calls