Think it's about time to spin some rollers (Aaron's dyno)

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Aaron wrote:I had a setting wrong on my FTC1, and it was only reading half RPM (So idle was at 450).
Systems Integration FAIL. Piggyback FAIL.

Bragging rights = zero.

Posted up in the bathroom at work. The sharpie marker was my doing... :la:
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

skalor

Post by skalor »

Aaron wrote: So my 417whp is 334 uncorrected, and realistically, about 376whp. Still better than every other car on this forum if I'm not mistaken. Lastly, I'm pretty sure every other turbo dyno was corrected for altitude.
I dynoed at 376 whp with my turbo L67 at 14 psi and that's with a 60-1. :salute:
'89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67/4T65EHD, 4" intake, 3.4" pulley, PEMs, full 3" exhaust
13.755 @ 102.91 with a 2.266 60'
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

And yet, you have to be seen in a Oldsmobile Cutlass. I'd sooner shoot myself.

And how does your A:F chart look?

So, you're making 450chp, at least, and you can't do better than a high 13? Ouch. That's pathetic. It's a good thing you get to lube up your ovaries driving an automatic, front wheel drive, ugly-ass gm piece of shit in the mean time. And you're 60' time is terrible. My 15 second Lumina did better than that!
Last edited by Aaron on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

How's it running now? Get any more tuning done? Looks like it has potential to make a lot more power, so long as nothing breaks in the process.
<Insert Sig Here>
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Running good. I haven't had the time to truly tune it though, nor call Split Sec to figure out the rpm pickup error. I guess I could do that now though.

I did change the numbers in the cells it is using, and it liked that a whole lot, and the AFR seems pretty stable at 12 in 1-3 gears. Which, those are the only I go WOT in, so it pretty much takes any motivation I had to do the tuning in 4th. But someday I'll get around to it.

Nothing's broken yet, but I've also turned the boost back down in fear of that. As I've said all along, it's got the potential to make a lot of power, and if it had the block to handle it, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But until I can afford/get motivated enough to buy a 3.6, I'll limit it to 8.7psi. And it still hasn't bored me yet at those numbers!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Aaron wrote: Nothing's broken yet
Uhhh :scratch:
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Well, engine wise....

My radiator, and the heat exchanger for the IC, survived the wreck with all of the hoses in tact as well. I took out something on that Taurus though. I'm not actually sure what I took out, but it leaked something. Probably blinker fluid.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Yeah well, what about your frame?

Time to start looking for an 88 coupe with a blown motor.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

That's not a result of the engine though. Same thing would have happened with any engine.

My eyes are wide open, let me know if you find anything out there. I'd go to Cali to pick one up. I do know of one 88 coupe out in Cali, the paint's a bit ugly, but it had a pretty engine :thumbleft:
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Aaron wrote:That's not a result of the engine though. Same thing would have happened with any engine.
I don't think so.

Wrecking when "the turbo spooled" sounds like a lack of power control to me.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Eh. It was that, among other things. Not paying attention didn't help, nor did bald tires. Oh well, shit happens. Like driving off cliffs.
skalor

Post by skalor »

Aaron wrote:And yet, you have to be seen in a Oldsmobile Cutlass. I'd sooner shoot myself.

And how does your A:F chart look?

So, you're making 450chp, at least, and you can't do better than a high 13? Ouch. That's pathetic. It's a good thing you get to lube up your ovaries driving an automatic, front wheel drive, ugly-ass gm peice of shit in the mean time. And you're 60' time is terrible. My 15 second Lumina did better than that!
I think it's clearly evident by my signature that I have not updated it since I did the turbo swap. Were you to actually look at the mods you would realize that those times are from when it still had the M90. As far as looks are concerned, that is a matter of preference. I will say that Fieros generally look better but my Ciera is probably not what you think of when you think of a Ciera. I find it amusing that you stated that no one on this board made as much power and when I point out the contrary you just post silly insults.

As far as the A/F ratio is concerned, I tune with a Innovative LC-1 and it's rock solid ~11.8:1 at WOT at all rpms.

EDIT: I would also like to add that regardless of what car my engine is in, it still put down the same power with a slightly smaller turbo through an automatic.
Last edited by skalor on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67/4T65EHD, 4" intake, 3.4" pulley, PEMs, full 3" exhaust
13.755 @ 102.91 with a 2.266 60'
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Aaron wrote:Eh. It was that, among other things. Not paying attention didn't help, nor did bald tires. Oh well, shit happens. Like driving off cliffs.
So what happened? How bad is the damage?

Edit: I assume you're ok, yes?
Last edited by Fastback86 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Insert Sig Here>
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

skalor wrote:As far as looks are concerned, that is a matter of preference. I will say that Fieros generally look better but my Ciera is probably not what you think of when you think of a Ciera.
A-bodies may not be pretty, but they're straight out of Star Trek in that they have cloaking devices and are utterly invisible to police.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

skalor wrote: I think it's clearly evident by my signature that I have not updated it since I did the turbo swap. Were you to actually look at the mods you would realize that those times are from when it still had the M90. As far as looks are concerned, that is a matter of preference. I will say that Fieros generally look better but my Ciera is probably not what you think of when you think of a Ciera. I find it amusing that you stated that no one on this board made as much power and when I point out the contrary you just post silly insults.

As far as the A/F ratio is concerned, I tune with a Innovative LC-1 and it's rock solid ~11.8:1 at WOT at all rpms.

EDIT: I would also like to add that regardless of what car my engine is in, it still put down the same power with a slightly smaller turbo through an automatic.
I guess with 5 posts, none of them showing anything you've done, I somehow missed your build thread or dyno results. My bad, I guess....

Your Ciera is fucking ugly, and yes, it is what I think of when I think of a 1980s Oldsmobile.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Just because he doesn't post HERE doesn't mean he doesn't post, genius. He's got better things to do than gain your approval.

http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Fastback86 wrote: So what happened? How bad is the damage?
I drove head-on into a 1995 Ford Taurus in the Home Depot parking lot. Luckily I didn't have my freshly painted fender and rocker on, so those are good. But my bumper, hood, passenger fender, and the frame are done. I'm going to rebuild the car on like an 88 coupe frame. I also need a new headlight.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Wow, 4 pages of that thread, and I didn't see a single car that wasn't an ugly GM FWD shitbox.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Aaron wrote:
Fastback86 wrote: So what happened? How bad is the damage?
I drove head-on into a 1995 Ford Taurus in the Home Depot parking lot. Luckily I didn't have my freshly painted fender and rocker on, so those are good. But my bumper, hood, passenger fender, and the frame are done. I'm going to rebuild the car on like an 88 coupe frame. I also need a new headlight.
You drove into the Ford? How'd you manage that?
<Insert Sig Here>