Think it's about time to spin some rollers (Aaron's dyno)

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Pushing the a-frame in and cracking your windshield in a parking lot collision is pretty hard to do.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I dunno :scratch:

Too much gas, not enough attention, not enough tire, not enough braking, something along those lines. The guy I hit was nice about it though, and since it was on private property, the Police weren't involved. And being that it was, at most, worth $3,000, it won't hurt my insurance rates too much. But it did a number on my car!

Looking at the bright side though, I have much better airflow to my heat exchanger and radiator though!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
skalor

Post by skalor »

Aaron wrote:I dunno :scratch:

Too much gas, not enough attention, not enough tire, not enough braking, something along those lines. The guy I hit was nice about it though, and since it was on private property, the Police weren't involved. And being that it was, at most, worth $3,000, it won't hurt my insurance rates too much. But it did a number on my car!

Looking at the bright side though, I have much better airflow to my heat exchanger and radiator though!
Wait a minute, on a local board, you stated that your friend wrecked your car!! Is this a different accident or the same??
I let a friend borrow the car, and he just wrecked it a few minutes ago, so I'm thinking it's time to move on anyways. I may go dyno it, but past that, I'm thinking I might build my own car, from scratch. Carbon Fiber frame, all aluminum turbo Ecotec or LS1 N/A, etc. Not sure yet.
From post #6 of this thread...
http://www.turboforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2067
'89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67/4T65EHD, 4" intake, 3.4" pulley, PEMs, full 3" exhaust
13.755 @ 102.91 with a 2.266 60'
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Nice. Assume more dipshit.

Ever occur to you that maybe both cases are true?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Skalor, It's been wrecked twice in the past few months.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Aaron wrote:I dunno :scratch:

Wait, what were you doing in a parking lot that you were able to hit the guy hard enough to fuck up the frame?
<Insert Sig Here>
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Not a whole lot!

I didn't hit him that hard, I didn't think. I was doing maybe 15-20, at the time I hit him, he was maybe doing 5-10 (On the brakes). So that's a combined 20-30ish. It didn't fuck the entire frame, it just bent the front corner in, and moved my driver's door back like 1/4". It might be fixable, but if there is one thing I can't tolerate, it's having body panels that don't line up, and I would never get the frame straight enough to get them to line up well. Plus, it'd cost a few hundred to pull. So I can instead buy a cheap 88 car for a few hundred, and use its frame.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
skalor

Post by skalor »

Aaron wrote:Nice. Assume more dipshit.

Ever occur to you that maybe both cases are true?
Did you read my post?? I asked if it was a different accident or the same. Is it necessary to use childish insults??
'89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67/4T65EHD, 4" intake, 3.4" pulley, PEMs, full 3" exhaust
13.755 @ 102.91 with a 2.266 60'
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Wow, how did i miss this before?! You know, I'd think that Tim would have the rpm factors for your piggyback. And definately get some more tuning done and take it back.

Also, seriously consider not driving a car that you have well over 10K (assuming here) into like a jackass.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

fieromadman wrote:Wow, how did i miss this before?! You know, I'd think that Tim would have the rpm factors for your piggyback. And definately get some more tuning done and take it back.

Also, seriously consider not driving a car that you have well over 10K (assuming here) into like a jackass.
He did, but I started my own map from scratch, so it did not have the settings in it, so I just guessed.

I am actually considerably under 10k. I'm sitting at about 8 right now, including buying the car, which isn't half bad! As for the driving....Well....yah....
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Did it go a little something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpnOqNx3FRE
<Insert Sig Here>
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

A little, but not quite. It was in a parking lot, going much slower. But same basic premise yah.

It wouldn't have happened in a normal RWD car, like the Camaro. But as Crzyone said, the Fiero doesn't act that those.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

my fiero is faster then yours. the end. except you fieroX :P
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

You really are a bad driver if you can't handle most every front engine, RWD car made sideways. AWD is even easier.

But the Fiero isn't like those, it doesn't act the same way, and the open diff makes it really tricky. I'll leave the showing off to the F-bodies though.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo