Sail Window Fasteners

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

CincinnatiFiero

Sail Window Fasteners

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

On my sail windows on each side one of the two tabs that clips into the rear clip are broken off. Then I lost the bolts that run through the B pilar. What can I use to replace those bolts? Does someone sell them? Anyone got a couple spares laying around? Any other tricks to securing notchie sail windows? Driving on the highway with no sailwindows is loud and my car looks even worse without sail windows so I'd like to get them back on there.
lucky

Post by lucky »

I would talk to Paul McKibben, if anyone knows, he will.
www.fierosails.com
Nashco

Re: Sail Window Fasteners

Post by Nashco »

I recently had to replace that clip with the pop-rivet through the b-pillar. If your clip is like mine, it should have a small square hole; you can replace that with a carriage head bolt, they have that same square hole. I'm pretty sure I used a 1/4"-20 carriage head bolt. I had to put a tack weld on my clip because the hole was slightly rounded out when I drilled the rivet out of it, if your hole is still square you could probably use some epoxy or glue to hold it in place until you can tighten the nut down inside the B-pillar. Here's the one I tacked before it went on:

For the other clips, the plastic ones can be found at fierostore.com for a few bucks.

Bryce
CincinnatiFiero

I threaded the rod, so I'll see if that works, if not I'll cut it out and buy a carriage bolt.
CincinnatiFiero

I hit it with the old die, something wierd was all that would work right, like 5/16 - 18 or something. Went to Lowes and bought one of the those nylon lock nuts for $.17 and it seems to work great. I need to buy all 4 new clips for the part that goes into the rear clip though. I used some of that 3m double side foam tape they use for spoilers on it and it seems to hold okay, but I'd like to have OE fit.