New Caro. I got a Bimmer.

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

New Caro. I got a Bimmer.

Post by Aaron »

I bought a new car so that I have a more reliable car for work. My Fiero hasn't stranded me, but just in case. So after a few hours on Craigslist, I bought a 1990 BMW 525. It's baby blue, and has 213,000 miles. Yah, lots. But the 2.5l Inline 6 starts right up, runs perfect, no engine codes, and the auto tranny shifts great. It only has 170hp, and it needs every one of those 170 just to get moving. It isn't very fast.

The tan leather is in perfect shape, and all of the electrical things work. For being a 1990 it has a pretty impressive interior. I like it so far. The only thing it's missing is tilt steering, which bugs me. But it's got power doors/windows, power mirrors, power seats, power sunroof, A/C (Blows cold), seat heaters, and a Driver Information Center (Temperature, the time, MPG, avg mpg, avg speed, and all sorts of other useless shit).

And the hood opens from the rear.

It's pretty nice, for $1500 I couldn't do any better. No pics yet, soon though.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
84fierotrevor

Re: New Caro. I got a Bimmer.

Post by 84fierotrevor »

retard wrote:I bought a new car so that I have a more reliable car for work. My Fiero hasn't stranded me, but just in case. So after a few hours on Craigslist, I bought a 1990 BMW 525. It's baby blue, and has 213,000 miles. Yah, lots. But the 2.5l Inline 6 starts right up, runs perfect, no engine codes, and the auto tranny shifts great. It only has 170hp, and it needs every one of those 170 just to get moving. It isn't very fast.

The tan leather is in perfect shape, and all of the electrical things work. For being a 1990 it has a pretty impressive interior. I like it so far. The only thing it's missing is tilt steering, which bugs me. But it's got power doors/windows, power mirrors, power seats, power sunroof, A/C (Blows cold), seat heaters, and a Driver Information Center (Temperature, the time, MPG, avg mpg, avg speed, and all sorts of other useless shit).

And the hood opens from the rear.

It's pretty nice, for $1500 I couldn't do any better. No pics yet, soon though.
BOO! BMW'S SUCK! WORST CARS EVER MADE PERIOD!

ENJOY YOUR UNRELIABLE GERMAN CRAP PILE THAT SUPPORTED THE NATZI'S DURING THE WAR.

TO MUCH MONEY FOR WHAT YOU GET

MY AUNT WAS LOOKING AT THEM BUT HEARD THERE SO UNRELIABLE THAT SHE WENT WITH A KIA RIO INSTEAD.

WHY DIDN'T YOU GET A CORVETTE INSTEAD??
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

You need a slow car to motor around in when you are young. And BMWs impress teenage girls. Good luck.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

84fierotrevor wrote: BOO! BMW'S SUCK! WORST CARS EVER MADE PERIOD!

ENJOY YOUR UNRELIABLE GERMAN CRAP PILE THAT SUPPORTED THE NATZI'S DURING THE WAR.

MY AUNT WAS LOOKING AT THEM BUT HEARD THERE SO UNRELIABLE THAT SHE WENT WITH A KIA RIO INSTEAD.

LOL!!!!!!!!! Clicked it over to 213 today, going good! How many other cars have not only a digital MPG gauge, but an analog MPG gauge in the dash? Woot.

My Dad was saying the same shit. They don't last for crap, they're very finicky, expensive to fix, and the list went on. I said it couldn't be worse than the damn Fiero.
stimpy wrote:You need a slow car to motor around in when you are young. And BMWs impress teenage girls. Good luck.
Not this BMW. I'm impressing old ladies instead. Not that that's all that bad, as teenage girls = jail.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

retard wrote:
84fierotrevor wrote: BOO! BMW'S SUCK! WORST CARS EVER MADE PERIOD!

LOL!!!!!!!!! Clicked it over to 213 today, going good! How many other cars have not only a digital MPG gauge, but an analog MPG gauge in the dash? Woot.

My Dad was saying the same shit. They don't last for crap, they're very finicky, expensive to fix, and the list went on. I said it couldn't be worse than the damn Fiero.
stimpy wrote:You need a slow car to motor around in when you are young. And BMWs impress teenage girls. Good luck.
Not this BMW. I'm impressing old ladies instead. Not that that's all that bad, as teenage girls = jail.
I was being sarcastict, those are all true things I have heard from other people myself when they see my bmw.

I beat the ever living shit out of my bmw and it hasn't had a single thing go wrong with it.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I know you were :thumbleft:

I won't beat on this one, not like it'd do much good. 170hp can only do so much. And it handles worse than a 70s Cadillac.

I do have one issue. When I floor it, it short shifts. Redline is 6200rpm, but it shifts out of 1st at 5000 even. And that's when it's coming on pretty hard too, the extra rpm would really help it I think. It wasn't fully warmed up though, so maybe once it warms up it'll runn all of the way out.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

retard wrote:I know you were :thumbleft:

I won't beat on this one, not like it'd do much good. 170hp can only do so much. And it handles worse than a 70s Cadillac.

I do have one issue. When I floor it, it short shifts. Redline is 6200rpm, but it shifts out of 1st at 5000 even. And that's when it's coming on pretty hard too, the extra rpm would really help it I think. It wasn't fully warmed up though, so maybe once it warms up it'll runn all of the way out.
I dunno, I beat on mine but I don't floor it before it's warmed up
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yah I'm not sure what it is. It was warm, just not fully up to operating temperature yet. A lot of the German cars restrict RPM until they are at operating temp (M3, AMG cars, etc.)
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

retard wrote:Yah I'm not sure what it is. It was warm, just not fully up to operating temperature yet. A lot of the German cars restrict RPM until they are at operating temp (M3, AMG cars, etc.)
I don't think any m3's restrict it, they just warn against it.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I don't know if it actually changed the rev limiter, but the E39 M5 had yellow lights in the tach indicating a lower "yellow line" that would light when the engine was cold and sequentially go out as the engine warmed up.
S8n

Post by S8n »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:I don't know if it actually changed the rev limiter, but the E39 M5 had yellow lights in the tach indicating a lower "yellow line" that would light when the engine was cold and sequentially go out as the engine warmed up.
It didn't actually change the limiter. I think most, if not all the new Ms have the tach feature. On the SMG cars, they will blink like a shift light above a certain rpm.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
'87 GT *Now can be seen at V8Archie's!* www.fotki.com/8balls
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ah. The newer AMGs don't change the indicated redline, but they do change the shift points pretty drastically (As low as 4,000 on a 7,000rpm engine).
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

The worst part of BMWs is the attitude of the typical owner.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Well hopefully I don't fall into that category. But my shit doesn't stink anymore.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Have you looked at like the Conforti injector? They add a decent chunk of power to the OBD1 cars for like $299.

Bilsteins are a popular upgrade on the E34s to help it handle a bit better, as are the M5 sway bars.

Don't last for crap? Isn't that dis-proven by the car you bought? 213k miles and still running? Whereas like under 100k mile GM cars fill every junkyard in america, un-hit, un-wrecked, un-burnt?
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

S8n wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote:I don't know if it actually changed the rev limiter, but the E39 M5 had yellow lights in the tach indicating a lower "yellow line" that would light when the engine was cold and sequentially go out as the engine warmed up.
It didn't actually change the limiter. I think most, if not all the new Ms have the tach feature. On the SMG cars, they will blink like a shift light above a certain rpm.
thats what mine does. the 6 speed clutch doesnt have the tach shift lights?
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Don't mod it , just drive it.

I am the poster boy for owning a bad BMW. My M3 cost me $10 grand in 10 mos. of ownership.. but the car was pimpin I will agree.

If you wanted a daily driver I would have gotten something more generic like an EG or something ,but thats me.

Post up Pics..

Baby Blue?? you lookin for Guys or a Guido?
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:The worst part of BMWs is the attitude of the typical owner.
Same thing about Fiero owners.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:Have you looked at like the Conforti injector? They add a decent chunk of power to the OBD1 cars for like $299.

Bilsteins are a popular upgrade on the E34s to help it handle a bit better, as are the M5 sway bars.

Don't last for crap? Isn't that dis-proven by the car you bought? 213k miles and still running? Whereas like under 100k mile GM cars fill every junkyard in america, un-hit, un-wrecked, un-burnt?
I'll look into that, thanks!

I don't want it to handle better, I want it to handle like it did stock, with 0 miles. It feels like a 1955 Chevy right now. I guess 213k will do that to any shocks, regardless of the propeller symbol on them.

We were being sarcastic :thumbleft:
THE PUNISHER wrote:Don't mod it , just drive it.

Baby Blue?? you lookin for Guys or a Guido?
I plan on it. I may toss on a CAI and exhaust, but that's because the stuff I'd build would be cheaper than the replacements, and the stuff needs to be replaced, as it is down on power. I think it just needs a tune up though, it runs smooth, but something's missing ya know? Like 30-50hp is.

I'm looking for a cheap, nice, reliable car. So far this fits the bill.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

cheap, nice, reliable

No such thing as all three! PICK 2!!!
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.