Thoughts on this front brake/suspension set-up?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Re: Thoughts on this front brake/suspension set-up?

Post by Series8217 »

Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:
Series8217 wrote:
Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:I was looking again at the WCF 13" kit with 2 piston calipers and they say on their website that the one peice rotors weigh in at 27 lbs with the optional 2 peice being 10.7 lbs each.
Those must be the 13" rotors that are an inch thick or more. The Dodge Viper ones are the same thickness as 88 Fiero rotors (close to 0.8" I think).
I got those numbers right off of their Viper/Vette brake page: http://www.westcoastfiero.com/brakes/brakes_13.html
Weird. I might be remembering wrong. I don't remember them being that heavy... I'm the ones who weighed them at their shop :-P
Unsafe At Any Speed wrote: Because the car they're going on isn't a Corvette. I think the same about when people swap in LS1s and leave the Vette FRCs on and unmodded.
So when you put Brembos on your car do you remove the Brembo stickers since the car they're going on isn't a Brembo? Should an LS7 have Mazda badges on it when you put it in an RX7? If it's a Corvette motor it's a Corvette motor. Putting it in another car means its a Corvette motor in another car.
McLaren didn't take the BMW M badges off of the engine that went into the McLaren F1.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

[quote="Series8217"][quote]

LOL at the you being the one that weighed them.

As for the swapping parts and badging issue. I guess it's up to preference. I have a C5 Z06 engine in my car, but I definatly won't be putting Corvette badging on it. It's not a Corvette. As for Brembos. That's not the car so it's not the same thing. I don't know. Like I said, it's up to preference.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Series8217 wrote: McLaren didn't take the BMW M badges off of the engine that went into the McLaren F1.
I'm surprised they didn't... badging adds weight.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Alright, I went ahead and pulled a caliper to weigh it. With pads, the caliper weighs 10.8 lbs.

Edit: Calipers alone are 8.4 lbs.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

:-O
Unsafe At Any Speed

Huh?
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

That's his "Oh!" face.
<Insert Sig Here>