Yo - Where is the Stimpy?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Boscolingus

Yo - Where is the Stimpy?

Post by Boscolingus »

Havent seen him here in a while, got to talk shop on some Dodge shit...
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
CincinnatiFiero

Re: Yo - Where is the Stimpy?

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Speaking of, is this stimps peice?

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/AdDe ... d_id=21552
http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum4/HTML/046196.html

California L67 with a spintech exhaust that is now a Finale.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

That it is.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Yup - I had to clean up the install on that car after ACE butchered it.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

Why are the engine grills left on? Just Ascetics?
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Define Ascetics:
# ascetic - pertaining to or characteristic of an ascetic or the practice of rigorous self-discipline; "ascetic practices"
# ascetic - abstainer: someone who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline
# ascetic - practicing great self-denial; "Be systematically ascetic...do...something for no other reason than that you would rather not do it"- William James; "a desert nomad's austere life"; "a spartan diet"; "a spartan existence"

aesthetic maybe? ;) Just bustin your balls.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

baffles me, I mean completely fucking baffles me - that car was, by definition, flawless in the body panel/paint department when stimpy's dad dropped it off with me at WCF, then Stimp family sells it to this jack off down the road and strips it all down to put the ass-fagery kit on it.

The car needs to be euthanized
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

Emc209i wrote:Define Ascetics:
# ascetic - pertaining to or characteristic of an ascetic or the practice of rigorous self-discipline; "ascetic practices"
# ascetic - abstainer: someone who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline
# ascetic - practicing great self-denial; "Be systematically ascetic...do...something for no other reason than that you would rather not do it"- William James; "a desert nomad's austere life"; "a spartan diet"; "a spartan existence"

aesthetic maybe? ;) Just bustin your balls.
lol, shit you're right. Its very rarely I have to spell aesthetics.
Darrelk

Post by Darrelk »

Hey, Boscolingus, that body might have been flawless when you saw it last but it was totally shot when I got it. Sun bleached paint, plastics torn, busted windshield, interior mostly in a heap with one seat bolted down, lowering springs on the front without adjusted bump stops, buttt... there was that drivetrain and the chassis was rust free. Stimpy posted it in the kit car forums because he was upfront about it needing a re-body. Even thought about going back stock or semi-stock but the panels were just too bad.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

I want to say it was 2000-2001 when I laid my hands on it. I have seen some pretty bad units out there but there was nothing distinguishable or anything that really stuck out and made me think the body was bad. And I have seen some half-assed partially completed kit cars in my time.

It looked like a really well maintaned car, I wonder if it has anything to do with Stimpy's dad owning it when it was dropped off at WCF then later got into Stimpy's hands - perhaps Stimpy is the Dirty Dirty who messed up dad's car :)
Darrelk

Post by Darrelk »

Don't know, Stimpy just ran an ad that essentially said, "I'm done with Fieros," and I didn't really pry anymore on its' condition. I just knew that I'm a lot more of a body and paint guy than an engine guy so this was going to save me a lot of time and bucks on a build. All the engine conversion people I was considering at the time for a 3800 SC swap were booked out a year or two. Stimpy sure wasn't kidding about the drivetrain though, its' been dead reliable and a blast to drive. Oh, and on the condtion of the body and keep in mind I've been building kit cars for 37 years now, my wife sees the guy dropping it off the trailer out in front of our house. She runs out to the car where I'm now standing and says, "What the hell are you going to do with this?!!!" I pop the rear deck lid and say, "But gee, look at this great motor!" She barely talked to me for two weeks.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

HAHA, if all she did was barely talk to you, your a lucky man! I get the same treatment when I'm off at WCF for 3 days straight on an SRT-4 part making binge.

Not sure if you had a chance to view the PCM, but ACE kinda had it just dangleing there behind the upper portion of the center console. I always wanted to get it squared away but Chris had said we were exceeding budget.

The initiall plan was, and all we were supposed to do, was swap out the cradle so that the Stillwells could run the 3800 exhaust on thier setup... but my god, the ACE setup was a complete headache that required essentially redoing the ENTIRE swap. Alot of labor and parts were actuallt thrown in for free just to get the car done.

The downside is that we left a bad taste in Jeff's mouth because the car has a parking ticket that was out fault, the one damn day we moved cars around at the shop to get things situated, his car winds up getting a damn ticket!

Dammit

But Stimp and I are on pretty cool terms now, he realizes that I didn't get enough time with the car that I wanted, and he realized that it was going to cost more initially that what was supposed to be done.