Moderator: crzyone

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Big recall by GM

Post by crzyone »

CincinnatiFiero

Re: Big recall by GM

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I wonder if this is related to the valve cover issue and canada is somehow behind the curve. The spark plug thing was new to me, but mine is removed on my swap anyways. Thanks for the link, I will keep my ears open.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Their soluion doesnt make sence? Oil drops on the manifold, which may ignite, then spread to a plastic wire cover nearby, so instead of stopping the oil, they are moving the plastic wire cover so the fire has nothing to spread to?
lucky

Post by lucky »

My father has a 3800 lesabre; a mechanic at a local dealer told him that loosing a quart of oil every 1000 miles was acceptable with that motor.......
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

lucky wrote:My father has a 3800 lesabre; a mechanic at a local dealer told him that loosing a quart of oil every 1000 miles was acceptable with that motor.......

Thats vtech, honda released an official... thingy, that said Preludes can, and will safely loose a quart every so many miles. A quart every 1,000 miles on a 3800? I don't think so, I think I could take the valve covers off and loose less (sarcasm).