Finally Hit 11s...

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Finally Hit 11s...

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Tilton
Jinxmutt

Re: Finally Hit 11s...

Post by Jinxmutt »

I'm no longer serious about anything with the manual. I was willing to give it a chance and that's what I did. No one else out there wanted to take the high hp 3800 route with a manual and so I figured I might as well. In my opinion, I proved that you can have a daily driven, streetable, 3800 fiero 5speed. If anyone thinks I drive my car easy or that I baby it, they're crazy. I have beat the living hell out of this clutch and 5 speed and I still drive it to class. It has seen plenty of 2nd gear clutch dumps, drag strip passes, street 'ahem' pulls next to other cars, etc. This setup works. The gear ratios suck, but I think that's part of why it's lasted. If someone wanted to do a 3800 5-speed, buy a good clutch, and drive it. There should be no problems. I feel that I'm makin more power than most guys would be making with a M90 so my issues should be non-existent in those setups.

I have an auto, and now I'm going to try to be 'quick' rather than fast. There are a few track days left and I'm going to attend them prepared to break the trans. I haven't blown a diff, stripped 2nd gear,etc in well over 2 YEARS now. It is time to put some heat in these Mickey Thompsons and see what it will REALLY hold.

Remember these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqCAofJdk6g