Bought another Fiero :)

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Bought another Fiero :)

Post by Aaron »

I got a call a few days ago, a friend in our club got rear ended in his 88GT, and the insurance company took care of him, and he let me have it for $850. It's got 115k, and is an automatic. White on bitchwood ugly brown. It's in ok shape, it's salvageable, but with some work. The plan is to swap my engine/trans/cradle into it, along with my interior. Maybe a few other pieces. Piccy piccy:

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Bought another Fiero :)

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Looks like the right frame rail's a little crunked, but the trunk should bang right back into shape pretty easily.

You could replace the Fiero steel impact beam with a modern Impala or similar aluminum impact beam.
If you see any in junkyards, AMC Eagles have extruded aluminum bumpers that could probably be adapted into impact beams.
jelly2m81

Re: Bought another Fiero :)

Post by jelly2m81 »

That looks easily repairable. The mounting tabs on the ends of the frame rails are cheese and they bend if you look at them funny. A little hammer and dolly action and it'll be as good as new.