East Coast Timing Association Standing Start Mile

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

East Coast Timing Association Standing Start Mile

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

They call it a "Land Speed Racing", but it's really a standing start mile drag race against the clock. The August '09 issue of Hot Rod Magazine has an article. They race FIVE times a year out of Maxton, NC.

I had no idea something like this was this close to me and run so regularly... I'll have to hook one of these up when I get back from the sandbox. That's about 6 hours from my house.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: East Coast Timing Association Standing Start Mile

Post by Aaron »

Is your Fiero stable enough to run at those speeds?

I've never had mine much faster than 120 when the front end was complete, but even that felt close to oh shit levels. I guess with suspension work and maybe a hood vent it'd be a lot better.

I would give my left nut to race a standing mile, that'd be fucking sweet. Any near CO?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:The August '09 issue of Hot Rod Magazine has an article.
Seriously, August of '09? Sounds like they need to reign themselves in. Apparently there are so many companies they need to plug, they have to run ahead in the schedule just to pack them all in. %)

Bryce
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Aaron wrote:Is your Fiero stable enough to run at those speeds?

I've never had mine much faster than 120 when the front end was complete, but even that felt close to oh shit levels. I guess with suspension work and maybe a hood vent it'd be a lot better.

I would give my left nut to race a standing mile, that'd be fucking sweet. Any near CO?
I've run it to 5000 RPM in 5th gear... which really was faster than I should have been going in it.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Nashco wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote:The August '09 issue of Hot Rod Magazine has an article.
Seriously, August of '09? Sounds like they need to reign themselves in. Apparently there are so many companies they need to plug, they have to run ahead in the schedule just to pack them all in. %)

Bryce
Yeah, all the magazines are like that. I figure that eventually they'll just shut down the presses for about 6 months, then pick right back up where they left off. When subscribers complain that they haven't gotten a magazine in 6 months, the publishers will tell them that they received all the issues that year...
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I subscribed to European car for like 4 years, I used to have one week every 3 months where I'd get 3 magazines.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Nashco wrote:

Bryce
SOP for most magazines. August should show up this week or next for nearly all monthly consumer mags.
<Insert Sig Here>
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

Fastback86 wrote:
Nashco wrote:

Bryce
SOP for most magazines. August should show up this week or next for nearly all monthly consumer mags.
I guess you're right...I never pay attention to the issue dates, it seems. I just checked, the GRM I got in the mail two days ago is also for August. So confusing...like 2010 model year cars coming out in spring of 2009.

Bryce