Let's make a deal! Trade my '88 parts for your parts...

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

Nashco

Let's make a deal! Trade my '88 parts for your parts...

Post by Nashco »

As some of you have seen, I'm building an AWD Fiero hybrid for the Grassroots Motorsports Magazine $2009 challenge. I need a few parts for my build and I've got a few parts that I don't need that I'd be willing to trade. If you want parts I've got, but don't have parts I want, you can get parts shipped straight to me from rockauto.com and I'll ship my parts to you, that is also a fair trade. I will negotiate a deal depending on what you have to offer and what you want, obviously new parts are worth more to me than used parts, etc. I'll cut to the chase, here's the parts I have and parts I want:

Parts I have to offer in trade that have been removed from the $2009 car:

- '88 front hubs. No play, looseness, or noises, in great shape.
- '88 Formula front springs (ARD). No issues.
- '88 plastic inner fender liners. In good condition.
- V6 Auxiliary instrument cluster. No issues.
- Anything related to the (Formula) HVAC. This includes AC components and heater components. AC didn't work, I never tried to get it working and assumed it needed recharged. I have all of the lines that run the length of the car, condensor, evaporator, controls, plastic box, heater core, etc.
- '88 Front rotors. In great shape, only removed because the AWD conversion now uses Subaru rotors.
- '88 brake rotor backing plates. No issues.
- '88 Headlight assemblies with motors and all related light wiring/relays. No issues.
- '88 spare tire bucket and related parts. No issues.
- '88 Formula steering wheel. No issues, horn paddles in good condition.
- '88 Gray third brake light assembly
- Spare tire, jack, hold-downs. No issues.
- V6 Timing cover gasket set (new in box)
- V6 Timing chain (new in box)
- High quality car cover for the Fiero, in like new condition
- Notchback drip rails
- NOS Fiero OEM mudflaps...GM parts, still in the package
- V6 EGR tube, OEM in good shape (no cracks and still has fiberglass sleeve!)
- EGR vacuum control solenoid (worked before removing)
- EGR valve (worked before removing)
- Evap canister (worked before removing)
- Cold start injector assembly and temp switch (worked before removing)
- Oil pressure sensor tube (relocates oil pressure sensor for '88 V6 with AC, in good shape)
- Decklid wiring harness complete with switch (worked before removing)
- V6 Throttle body coolant lines (in good shape)
- Most heat shields from the engine bay/engine (in good shape)

My needs/wants/wishlist for the $2009 car:

- 2 Fiero rear hubs (also came on lots of other applications, about $70 each new from rockauto.com)
- 2 inner stub axles from a '94-02 Saturn S-Series (best price is at a junkyard, get it at the same time as the axle below and save a bunch!)
- Right side axle shaft from a '93 Oldsmobile Achieva with manual transmission and low output engine (also came on lots of other applications, $65 new from rockauto.com)
- 2 adjustable front shocks for an '86 Accord (also came on lots of other applications including 88-91 Civics, new prices start around $180 shipped)
- 4 motor mounts (I'll give you specifics, $20 total shipped from rockauto.com)
- Sticky tires, I don't care what size, must be DOT legal
- 2 GOOD Fiero rear struts (anything aftermarket, don't need assembly with springs or top support, just the damper)
- Polyurethane for '88 front and rear suspension
- Cheap coilover kit for Fiero rear
- 12V electric water pump (generic is ok, I'm flexible...let me know what you have!)
- Small radiator (really small, motorcycle/4 wheeler/tiny car/whatever, with electric fan preferred)
- Paint to respray the (bright red) Formula
- Any cosmetic/performance parts considered, what have you got? Engine swap parts? Window tint? Low profile lights? Glass sail panels? All offers considered!

To be clear, I prefer trades...some combination of my parts for some combination of your parts. I've made it easier for people that just want to buy my parts...instead of sending me money, buy some parts online and trade me that way. This might seem like a silly way to get parts, but because of the way budgets are controlled for the magazine competition, these are the hoops I have to jump through.

Let me know what you've got! If anybody wants pictures of a specific item, I can get them in short order.

I appreciate your help making the Fiero really shine in the $2009 competition. Thanks a bunch!

Bryce
Last edited by Nashco on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nashco

Re: Let's make a deal! Trade my '88 parts for your parts...

Post by Nashco »

Bump. I need a bunch of parts and have a bunch to trade. What do you guys have? What do you need?

Bryce
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

Anybody? I could really use a set of rear hubs. Trade for my '88 front hubs? Something else?

Bryce
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I've got a set of rear 88 hubs, but 3 wheel studs on one side, and 2 on the other, are damaged. Let me know if this is ok, and I'll trade for the headlight assemblies.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

I have Omni (real automotive) paint we used on the 1989 Civic. It's Milano red (I think) Take a look at the pics of the car.

1/2 a gallon left, and it's all yours for the cost of shipping if ya want it. Cost me $200 for the gallon, but I will never use it....

Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I' might be able to help out with the hubs. I've got an entire 87 rear suspension I could give you.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I've got a huge roll of window tint, its that stuff you can peel off if you wanted to. Its the WalMart brand tint, its the giant home and RV roll, 20% tint. I used enough to tint one window. Worked well except my glass itself it scratched to shit so you could see the scratches in the glass easier when there was a dark backing.

Dunno if its what you want but I have like $25 invested in the roll and I am not doing much with it.

I just picked up an 84 parts car, will any of the rear end stuff, hubs or struts interchange? Got a complete car, so let me know.
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:I've got a huge roll of window tint, its that stuff you can peel off if you wanted to. Its the WalMart brand tint, its the giant home and RV roll, 20% tint. I used enough to tint one window. Worked well except my glass itself it scratched to shit so you could see the scratches in the glass easier when there was a dark backing.

Dunno if its what you want but I have like $25 invested in the roll and I am not doing much with it.

I just picked up an 84 parts car, will any of the rear end stuff, hubs or struts interchange? Got a complete car, so let me know.
I could use the rear hubs and the rear struts if either are in good shape. If the struts are OEM they're not worth the hassle, but if the hubs aren't shot I could definitely use them.

Let me know what you want to trade for and let's work out a deal.

Bryce
CincinnatiFiero

Let me see when I can get to my friends house to tear into that car.

If someone offers you the parts first take them up on it. I had to store the car at a friends across town because I ran out of space and this weekend I am putting a new front end in my 3800 car.
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

Ok, keep me posted. You're now the fourth person to say you have some rear hubs (not counting Aaron's busted ones), but I still don't have any hubs. The race is in less than a month, so I'm running out of time.

Bryce
CincinnatiFiero

I'll have one tomorrow off my maroon car, but tire discounters claims it has a kabillionth of play in it, they have a zero play rule on alignment.

I know you're time strapped. Hopefully I can get over there early next week, I am supposed to put a Walbro in the same friends car. Like I said, if you get a better offer, take it.
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

Thanks, keep me posted.

Bryce
CincinnatiFiero

Alright my hub had play in it because the camber bolts on the strut were loose, so mine is perfect. I've only got the one right now, but its good.

Where am I mailing it.
CincinnatiFiero

Your hub went out today, going to check on my parts car Thursday. I'll get you another then. Should have sent them together in retrospect, flat rate box was $10.35 and its going to cost that twice. Sweet.
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

I updated the list above to add some items I have available. Time is getting tight, so I'm willing to wheel and deal to make things happen. Let me know what you've got and what you want guys!

Bryce
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

What motor mounts do you need?

I've got a used set from a 88 V6 car that you can have.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

Aaron wrote:What motor mounts do you need?

I've got a used set from a 88 V6 car that you can have.
Thanks, but the ones I need are Dodge truck ones for the electric motor up front. My V6 mounts have seen better days (bought a $6 replacement dogbone and welded the lower mount to the cradle, since one of the two studs was sheared off), but I think they'll be ok for now.

Bryce
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ok, can't help with those *Insert gay RFT smiley*

Why not just weld the electric motor in? Fuck, why not just weld the wheels on!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

Aaron wrote:Why not just weld the electric motor in? Fuck, why not just weld the wheels on!
I'm guessing that you misunderstood what I welded. The lower mount has two bolts used to attach the rubber isolator to the cradle. One of those bolts sheared off flush with the cradle. I simply tack welded the cradle to the bolt, the other bolt remained as is. The engine is still fully isolated as before. Actually, if I hadn't been working on the engine I wouldn't have known the stud was broken, since the other stud is holding it fine. This was free, which is a great price for the $2009 car.

If you wanted to send me your mounts, that would be fantastic as it'd save me $6 and I wouldn't have the tack welded lower anymore. However, it will work as is and you'd save yourself $10 you'll spend shipping the stuff. Thanks for offering, anyway.

Bryce