my cheapo paintjob

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

EarlBarnes
Earl's not that bad.

my cheapo paintjob

Post by EarlBarnes »

decided to spruce up my fiero that has been sitting in the garage for awhile, This paintjob was done with stuffs from homedepot racing,

Rustolem and mineral spirits with some high den foam rollers, Still a work in progress and waiting on this coat to fully dry 3 or 4 days it will take, Then I will hit it with some 1000grit sandpaper and my polishing machine, Ppl laugh all the time when I tell them what I used to repaint it LOLZ, But all of this was done with little prep work and $35 dollars in materials

all of this cost me $35 bucks and should get me by until I can get a professional paintjob,
Last edited by EarlBarnes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:Yahoo!:
EarlBarnes
Earl's not that bad.

Re: my cheapo paintjob

Post by EarlBarnes »

more shots

before I did this I had to replace the front bumper and hood, A long time ago when I was at my moms house she backed into it with her trailblazer and messed up the front pretty good
EarlBarnes
Earl's not that bad.

Post by EarlBarnes »

This is a before pic as you can see the original paint job faded very bad and I pretty much gave up on the paint when my mom backed into it

I should of posted the before pic first but here goes

Before

After

more pics

Id say its worth it if you don't have the money to get it repainted by a professional and you have a garage to keep it in why it dries, I will post more pics when I finish hitting it with some 1000grit wetsanding and my polishing machine I will pull it out in the sun for some better pics, The front hood still needs work the hood looks good from far but not close, If anyone is wondering you need to clean the old finish on your body good before you roll on this paint

Next I have to work on putting ac back in her, all lines hooked up but need a 3800 sc ac compressor pulley to finish ac
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

gotta love HDR paintjobs. You are a true fiero owner. You make Old Europe proud. All those people spending thousands on paintjobs. Might as well not have a fiero in my opinion. That kind of money isn't the norm for fiero owners. We gotta stay togethor earl. Our HDR paintjobs rule.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
EarlBarnes
Earl's not that bad.

Post by EarlBarnes »

yeah I wish the Rustolem went on sale LOLZ fiero owners want stuff under $20 bucks, But by god I will one day get a can of that stuff for half price, Maybe they have coupons on Old Europe fiero forum for homedepot.

HDR rulez They can help we can build it wooot!!!